Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of the cruze last month got a Citroen DS3 Diesel loving it 70mpg on motorway and no road tax and a lovely car to drive all the toys as per the cruze, had the cruze back into the dealers before i got rid of it for the airbag warning light on again but still they couldn't fix it. Spoke to the salesman that sold the cruze to the new owner who told me they had to change the sensor in the seat so much for the chevrolet dealer
Edited by: yamaharossi46

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's a manual i got £7900 for it!!!! didn't expect much more they loose money like a lead balloon not touching a GM motor again liked the Cruze when i got it was a bit on the big side for me and the wife well chuffed with the DS3 averaging 55-66 mpg in town from the 1.6 turbo diesel

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Shouldnt this belong in the Citroen Owners Club forum?

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not A Citroen it's a DS and i'm still a member on this forum site because i haven't got the Cruze now makes no difference i thought

·
Registered
695 Posts
to be fair....I think it was the 7 year gap in between posts that prompted Ed's comment

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
It's not A Citroen it's a DS and i'm still a member on this forum site because i haven't got the Cruze now makes no difference i thought
Rather strange logic I think surprise:
On that basis is the Chevrolet Owners Club (I think there is a clue in the title) be open to Ford, Land Rover, Mazda etc owners ?? Although I guess in theory there is probably no reason why someone cannot be a 'passive reader'.

For sake of clarity : The DS brand was announced by Citroën as a premium sub brand added to certain models, with DS being an abbreviation of Different Spirit or Distinctive Series, in order to run in parallel to its mainstream Citroen cars.
The DS division of Citroen was hived off in 2015 at the Geneva Motor Show as a stand alone division (probably for accounting reasons) but the build components are still Citroen orientated.

Maybe our long lost brother Yamaharossi may find benefit in joining the following club where he will be in a position to actively contribute as an owner.

Citroen DS Range - Citroen Owners Club. The citroen cars forums

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rather strange logic I think surprise:
On that basis is the Chevrolet Owners Club (I think there is a clue in the title) be open to Ford, Land Rover, Mazda etc owners ?? Although I guess in theory there is probably no reason why someone cannot be a 'passive reader'.

For sake of clarity : The DS brand was announced by Citroën as a premium sub brand added to certain models, with DS being an abbreviation of Different Spirit or Distinctive Series, in order to run in parallel to its mainstream Citroen cars.
The DS division of Citroen was hived off in 2015 at the Geneva Motor Show as a stand alone division (probably for accounting reasons) but the build components are still Citroen orientated.

Maybe our long lost brother Yamaharossi may find benefit in joining the following club where he will be in a position to actively contribute as an owner.

Citroen DS Range - Citroen Owners Club. The citroen cars forums
So basically.....A DS is a “Posh” Citroen!
Hee Haw hee haw!grin:grin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
to be fair....I think it was the 7 year gap in between posts that prompted Ed's comment
Yes....rather comical that someone would post pictures of their new car.....seven years after buying it!grin:

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
So basically.....A DS is a “Posh” Citroen!
Hee Haw hee haw!grin:grin:
Hi Kev , that's pretty much my interpretation.
Much the same as Lexus is the posh end of Toyota for example.
Probably all very nicely equipped but give the owner his due he is speaking up for his brand that he put his money in.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well, If he got a DS3 in 2012, it would have been a Citroen DS3 at the time, the picture he has posted is of a newer era DS4, from after the brand was separated in 2016, so he he is correct that it is a DS! Looks like he got it from Arnold Clark so best of luck with the customer service.
I don't see any reason to banish him to the DS forum though. Even they have a thread for those who did have a DS but have moved on...just saying..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts