Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

On putting full lock on I can hear a groaning noise....any idea what this could be?
Thanks Dawn

·
Registered
66 Posts
got enough fluid in the power steering?
all power steering systems will make a noise when put onto full lock as it working the hardest.

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Hi Dawn, Got to assume groaning noise isnt coming from Gary because he thinks you will hit kerb!

More seriously I have no experience with this on my new Captiva but I did have on a Mitsubishi 4WDfew years back. There was a 'metal mushroom stop' incorporated into the link arms and this gave a 'groaning' on full lock when metal met metal. Used to put touch of grease on it but became a chore. Is yours a new Captiva, if so suggest consult dealer asap.

Cheers

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Guys!....its a 57 plate, so an old one I guess
.......I've booked it into the garage tom for them to take a look...I'm hoping its just something that needs greasing cant do with another huge bill after the turbo fiasco!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
A wheel bearing is a whine. You will notice it when driving, faster you go the louder it is. It sometimnes louder when turning right or left.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well been to the garage. The noise is there (groaning) when its stationary and you move the steering wheel from side to side.
Hes not too sure what it is....said it would be better if I came back when its gets worse as that will help to do checks.

The power steering fluid is fine.

what can it be?.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts