Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hand break cable has Gone and I can't find on for sale unless I buy straight from Chevrolet but I can't afford to buy it straight from them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Suggestions? Yes, pick a better user name if you want meaningful replies, and politely ask Victor if the the Vauxhall Antara uses the same parts....Although I think the Antara is fitted with "brakes".

Reactions: Victor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi this is just my username for most things due to a monty python reference sorry for any upset. Thank you for your suggestion

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions?
First suggestion is to complete your Sign-Up. World location is important because this is a World Wide Forum. System thinks you are UK ?
Knowing which year and variant of Captiva is also necessary to identify parts applicable.
Guidance on using the Forum here:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
There are existing discussions on Handbrake. There are existing illustrations (via Victor) . Is it the main cable which has actually broken, or has the end come off, or is it the equalizing link, or the adjuster screw become loose and backed off. Tried adjusting rear shoes? Are the rear brake linings worn. Just trying to narrow down that it is the cable or simply a matter of adjustment elsewhere.
Search results for query: Hand brake

You dont state where you have shopped / looked for the replacement. A quick look revealed pages of options.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Suggestions? Yes, pick a better user name if you want meaningful replies, and politely ask Victor if the the Vauxhall Antara uses the same parts....Although I think the Antara is fitted with "brakes".
Maybe there is no wright way to write a post about your breakes but bare in mind if the heal brakes on your shoo you mite not be able to brake properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can get either side long cable on ebay brand new for bout £15 each..just gotta search....seems pretty straight forward to fit just a little fiddly

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
The OP hasnt actually explained what has failed ? All we know is "the handbrake cable has gone". Post # 5 asked and endeavoured to establish what had failed or whether it was simply a case of adjustment of one of the components ie adjuster screw, cam on the rear drum etc etc
Deathly silence from the OP since. Maybe he's gone for a break :). Any further posts about components are purely guesswork until OP responds as to what has failed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts