Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post and I could really do with some help. My insurance company issued me with a Chevrolet Spark as a courtesy vehicle today which when I parked it on my driveway, which is on an incline, rolled back, even though the handbrake was fully engaged, and hit a gate post.
Any one that has had the same issue with the hand brake please respond to my post as I need as much evidence as I can to back up my issue with the rental and insurance company. This isn't a 'havea go at Chevrolet' post I just genuinely need some back up, Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I presume you dont park in gear and/or turn your wheels in to the kerb (if there is one) as per the highway code?
I do sympathise though, its a hard way to learn an easy habit.

My handbrake is fine after 4k miles on a 10 plate 1.0 LT though it does need adjusting as it needs pulled quite high now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi...
....My spark handbrake is also very high, have spoken to 2 other spark owners they also have handbrake problems !!!..I hope this will help you...<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi [:)] I picked up my new Chevy Spark L last week, and am having to take it in to have the handbrake looked at.
I waited so long to get my new car (first brand new car I have ever owned) and to get this. Along with other small problems such as the central locking not working properly and the ipod doesn't play either. Lets hope they sort the handbrake out and soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts