Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Had my LTZ for just over a week now and I really miss my HID headlights, has anyone fitted an after market kit onto the Captiva. If so how easy was it and what kit did you use??

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much I should have updatedthis earlier. I got a great kit for HIDS4.co.uk even despite there website saying it would not work. The kit is great was fitted in under an hour and love having HIDS back.

·
Registered
476 Posts
As i have just said I have bought a cheep hid kit, not received it yet. Have I slipped up buying an ordinary ballast do I need a can-bus ballast. Any body else who has converted there lights does the captivaneed can-bus or are yours working OK and not bringing up warnings or faults with an ordinary ballast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice Information about on this...But Really HIDXenonHeadlights has done the research, tested numerous HID kits and
we pride ourselves on offering only the highest quality HID kits on the
market today. Our customer-first approach means we work hard to keep the
price low and the craftsmanship high. Offering all HID kit @ $79.99 is
something not everyone can do. Not only will you not find a cheaper
complete HID kit anywhere, but the unsurpassed quality of each piece in
the kit makes ours the obvious choice.
Edited by: peterkesel

·
Registered
997 Posts
Not that you have any vested interest in any way clearly...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those lights look brilliant! Is it more a look thing or does it really make a difference while driving? Also can you still adjust height inside the car? Anyone got a link for a decent set that have been fitted?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got mine off eBay under £50 took less than 30 mins to fit, the height control still works and HID's do improve visibility. Order yourself some of the bright led side lamps at the same time as it will save time changing them later, yur old ones will look yellow against the HID.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The captiva does not need a canbus ballast. below 4000k the light is a bit yellow, 4100k-4300k is the brightest, white with a slight tint of blue, anything upwards progreses to deeper blues, so its youre choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts