Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Sorry for being a bit thick but how do i replace the main and dip head light bulbs ???? do i have to take off the whole headlight??

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes you have to remove the whole light unit first, although can be easier than trying to get the bulbs in with no room like on some cars.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Its relativy easy, but advise you use a magnetic socke to remove the bolt if you have one, as if you drop it, it can be a pig to retrieve.

You wilk guess from this, you need to remove the plastic cover on top of the radiator. From there, you will see 3 bolts holding the light assemby in place. 2 on the top, 1 tricky one lower down.

Not a tricky job really.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is not an easy job. I gave up after 1 hour, breaking few screws...went to the garage and they change in 15 minutes.
I advise them to change both front headlights, but they were so smart and change only the broken one, advising me that the second one can run aditional year.... bla bla. while they were geting out the car from the garage the secon one went off.....
I pay only for one bulb ( i have one mine) and for broken screws.

So my advise go to the garage and change both front headlights.

·
Registered
652 Posts
It's not a difficult job, took me about 10 mins, and I'm no mechanic. The screws you broke would have been the push rivets holding the plastic radiator cover on. I broke a few of them, they are annoying little buggers. Haven't replaced those yet, still have to buy some new ones, but you dont need all of them in place to hold the cover securely. Mind you at least I didn't force a screw in like the previous person who took off my cover did (muppet).

·
Registered
29 Posts
removing plastic cover over the radiator was easyest part :).I stuck with the palstick holders over the body.
it was not explained in the manual how to remove them , I tried on several ways and finally I gave up...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Read this post and I am having a problem with the lights. Managed to remove the grill cover and the 3 bolts holding the headlight, however the light will not come out. It will move about an inch forward then it stops and will not move any further forward, seems to be catching on something. Both sides the same, any ideas???

·
Registered
997 Posts
The lamp is also held in with a push fit stud which you simply have to wiggle it out of. It's at the outer end of the lamp unit.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've done it so many times now that i can do the whole thing in 15 min....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is goone too. After 7 months.I will try replacement by my self again.
Is there a link for full instruction for replacement ( user guide say nothing)?

Any recomendation about the manufacturer of headlight?
I have OSRAM long life, but also we have some stupid law that we have to drive with headlights all the time. So the guys from garage says that although I have long life bulb, because of "day light" the working hours are done within 7 months. What a bullsheet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts