Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just noticed that my LTZ's headlamp washers dont work. I checked the fuse it was blown, changed the fuse an this too blew. Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder if there is a problem with the relay whichhas caused a short circuit. This problem only came to light when I was driving the car home just after having it serviced at the Chevrolet dealer, by a Vauxhall mechanic.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Al. I am not sure what degree of mix I use. I do know that I have never had any problems with the windscreen wiper wash motor. I also have to say that I can not remember the last time that I tried to clean my headlamps, my car is very rarely used at night. Anyway the car goes back to the dealer tomorrow, they have been told to keep it until it is fixed!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi. I've just noticed my headlamp washer isn't working either...I replaced the fuse but that immediately blew too. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

Thanks.
Edited by: K3nny

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
K3nny, To blow immediately implies a direct short. Maybe a chaffed wire or direct short in the pump motor. Finding the location could be the problem. Do you use your headlamp washers much?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Ed, thanks for the input. Truth be told I don't use them much but I'm one of those folk that wants everything that should work, to work lol.
The car is yet again going into Arnold Clark on Monday for a few days for the previous botched paint jobs to hopefully be put right....I'll be letting them know about the washers when I take it in as this is the first I've noticed since buying the car.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
K3nny said:
I'm one of those folk that wants everything that should work, to work lol.

Nothing wrong with that outlook - a man after my own heart. Dont put up with something defective.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Update:
Just had the car yet again back in Arnold Clark to have the faulty headlamp washers looked at. 3½ hrs later they tell me that the car needs a new washer pump. Just wanting to check if anyone knows if the car uses different pumps for the headlight washers and the windscreen washers?

I ask as the windscreen washers are working fine, and if the lamps use the same pump then I certainly don't want them unnecessarily removing my front bumper etc.

Lost all faith in the capabilities of Arnold Clark workshop staff so the less they touch my car the better.

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
My 'logic' tells me there are separate pumps other wise activation of either switch would operate both - unless there is some additional selective detector which would open one port and close the other and visa versa. That would probably cost more than a simple pump so I think there are two pumps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts