Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am new to the site but have had my captiva 57 plate 2.0 diesel lt auto . The problem i have only started on new years eve my heater fan only comes on at setting 4 ! I think it is the resistor relay but i am not sure can anyone here help ? Is it easy to replace ? How much roughly will it be ? Also i have read some of the posts regarding the fuel economy and have myself been looking into getting my car remaped or chiped a remap will cost me £250-300 but the chips on ebay are less than a hundred i want better performance but would also like to help mpg too any info would be great

·
Registered
997 Posts
Better with a proper remap than a chip- they're just a resistor that fools the ecu into introducing more or less fuel depending on how they are set up, unless you're looking at a proper tunit type plug in which will cost you more than a remap. Try Elite remaps, they seem to be the business.

Iain

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Iain ! Can anyone help me with the heater fan control problem ? I have in main relay box under the bonnet and cant seam to find the one for the heater fan the only ones i can are for the radiator fan i take it !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts