Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
Just wonderingif anyone might know something about a probe that could be changed ona vehicle due to high fuel consumption.I own a 1.6 2007 automatic Chevrolet Lacetti SX. The vehicle is well maintained with a full service history. The official Chevrolet Dealership simply said it's a thirst model, without offering much more information.
For 80 miles,I spend roughly£12to £13 towards fuel.
The car is used 90% on the motorway.
Is there anything anyone could possibly recommend with regards tothe high fuel consumption.
I am thinking about taking the car to HIQ garagefor a full/gold service, I am unsure as to what they could do in that respect.
Any advice welcome!
Many thanks,

Lenny

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Lenny.

At £1.36 for a litre of petrol, that's only equivalent to about 2 gallons of petrol.

So you're getting about 40mpg.

What do you expect to get ??

According to the Auto Trader site for a 2007 Lacetti Auto, you'd only expect to get 46.3 on Extra Urban:

Combined is about 35.

Edited by: CBers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,
Many thanks. It consumes a bit more actually, around £16 for nearly 80 miles on motorway.
I was just wondering as the main dealership said it was quite a high consumption and this model is apparently fairly thirsty.

For the services, do you take yours to the official Chevrolet garage?
Does it make any difference apart from the higher cost?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Lenny.

I own a CAPTIVA not a LACETTI, but yes, I will be taking it to my local Chevrolet (Vauxhall) dealer when it's due it's first service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
as already stated £16 is not much more than 2 gallons. I have a Lacetti 1.8 automatic station wagon and get about 34 mpg overall. My car has done 12,500 miles from new. They are not the most ecomomical car but I researched it before I bought the car and found they are fairly reliable and as they are cheap to buy it is one of those things you have to accept. Overall I am very pleased with my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts