Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the Forum, I joined a few days ago but so far it looks like I am billy no mates as no replies even to say Hi
. I am determined not to follow that example as I have just switched over from the Mercedes forum which is very active, and indeed I am still a mamber of that even though I have swapped my Merc for a Chevvy Captiva. What model are you looking to get, I have a 10 reg LTZ in Black which looks amazing and drives very well indeed.

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to hear that you are happy with your captiva.

Well, until yesterday, i was going to get a 5 seat, LS or LT but then a salesman told me that they werent 4 wheel drive. I posted a question and a very nice man has replied and confirmed this although another dealer told me that they were all 4 wheel drive

It looks like we are looking at the LT or LTZ but i didnt want costs to mount as we are taking it out of our savings and it is a 2nd car for us. (I have a 59 jag that ive had from new and i want to keep that).

It's just that when the last lot of snow came down, we got stuck down our lane and couldnt get out so that's why i must make sure that it is 4 wheel drive

The price attracted me to them in the first place but as soon as you start looking at the AWD, the costs seem to rise quite a bit.

Hopefully, i will find a good deal on the AWD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Know the feeling about the snow, the Merc would slip on one snowflake and was useless in those conditions hence the switch to a 4x4. Given all the problems identified with a manual (Clutch Burn Out) I opted for an Automatic and whilst it has the disadvantage of fuel economy I think the advantage of not having to replace clutches on a regular basis is worth the sacrifice. As a second car the LT would do nicely unless of course you like all the toys that come with the LTZ (Still playing with them). Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Steve. It's between a captiva and a freelander at the moment but the freelander looks quite basic inside. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts