Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Captivia 2.2 LTZ 112000
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet again another breakdown. This time the mechanic states it’s the fuel pump from the tank which is cutting off and on. Question is will a pump that fits the Vauxhall Antara 2.2 184BHP be suitable for my Chevrolet Captivia LTZ with the same BHP. Reason being I can get one on eBay which lists the Vauxhall but not the Chevrolet for a fraction of the price of one specially listed for the Chevrolet
Font Line Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Danno, It is my understanding that the engine was the same between Antara & Captiva for the same year build.... but...... I do know that there was a gasket change on inlet manifolds and therefore other minor differences cant be ruled out.
If you have a 184hp (181 / 135Kw) and not the 161hp / 120Kw then if might be worth considering. (is there a returns policy?)

However........ before you purchase, you say the pump is "cutting on&off" . This implies it hasnt totally failed as such and I recall previous fuel pump discussions mentioning a corroded or defective terminal being the cause (often earths to chassis). Might be worth while exploring the earth and connector terminals first. It may be easier to simply create a new 'long cable' with alligator clips at each end and try clipping on different locations. This way you might be able to verify a defective supply in the existing.

The Advanced Search function might be worth exploring for discussions on this topic previously.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yet again another breakdown. This time the mechanic states it’s the fuel pump from the tank which is cutting off and on. Question is will a pump that fits the Vauxhall Antara 2.2 184BHP be suitable for my Chevrolet Captivia LTZ with the same BHP. Reason being I can get one on eBay which lists the Vauxhall but not the Chevrolet for a fraction of the price of one specially listed for the Chevrolet
What do you mean the pump is causing breakdowns? Does it happen when you are driving along a motorway or in town or does it refuse to start or what?

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Victor, Another 'hunt the thimble' post.
No diagnostic codes provided. A breakdown would record the cause.
We have to presume 'the mechanic' has tested basics like fuse loose in holder etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts