Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am hopefully colecting my 2010 Captiva next week - slight hiccup due to No. Plate retention

I have been enquiring about Bluetooth and was asked did the Radio have an Amplified system or not?? any advice would be very much appreciated, also is it wise to have front sensors fitted as worried about getting used to the size of the car?

Thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

I also have a 2010 LTZ and the radio/CD in mine does not have a bluetooth facility fitted, I believe that it only became standard on the 2011 MY with the 2.2L lump. I fitted an aftermarket device which works well and fits on the sunvisor or you can get a Parrot fitted but that means having to remove the radio to gain access to the rear of the unit.

As to the front sensors, I agree that it is difficult to judge the front of the vehicle as you cannot see it, but with some practice I have found it unnecessary to have front sensors fitted but the choice is yours, my previous car was a Mercedes C220 which had the front sensors as standard and yes they were useful but that was the only car I have owned that had them fitted and I always managed to not hit the front of the car when parking so as I say I think that you get used to it. The rear sensors and camera however are very useful and I am glad that they are fitted. Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Regards

Rafman

·
Registered
997 Posts
As far as i am aware, the radio is not amplified- it's certainly not on my 2008 LTX

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the input.
I am getting 2010 LTX shame there is no camera fitted as I am sure that would have been a great bonus (women driver you see)

I did have a CRV a couple of years ago and I finally got used to the size of that but do think the Captiva may be longer in length but time will tell.

Many thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts