Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
well i have purchased some side bars for my captiva, but the fitting instructions are really poor!!

so i have been searching underneath my captiva, trying to find three sets of three holes, where the bolts go, to fasten the side bars up!!!

the car seems to have a poor coating of underseal on, and i am wondering if the underseal is hiding the holes!!

can anyone post some photo's of how there side bars are fitted, so it will give me a clue where to look.

thanks in advance..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Go and ask your dealer, they are not all monsters! I'm lucky, I have found a good guy at Evans halshaw cardiff, but long way from you I know. see my post for my epica, fuel consuption, and talk to the chevrolet techie.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Intimidator, If your sidebars are anything like mine you should find the threaded holes just the other side of the sill lip in the side member. They will or should have plastic plugs inserted that you will need to prise out. As a guide offer up your sidebars to the sill andsee wherethe attaching bars come then the holes should be in that general area.
Brian.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi,

thanks for all your help!

i have located the holes now, i was looking too far underneath the car!!!!

so now i will just wait for a warmish day, then fit them....

thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts