Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Im here on behalf of my Daughter. She has a 2009 Holden Captiva LX. It has a few issues, hope to gather info and contribute where I can. 😊

·
Premium Member
2012 Captiva 2.2 Diesel LX 6 speed auto AWD
2 Posts
Hey Aussie Captiva Guy we're in the same town, but I have a Series II LX model. Currently with gearbox issue - drives forward in one gear only and no reverse gear.
Question - which device have you found is best for reading fault codes? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,885 Posts
Hey Aussie Captiva Guy we're in the same town, but I have a Series II LX model. Currently with gearbox issue - drives forward in one gear only and no reverse gear.

Welcome Mwatown.
I'm going to suggest that you repost your question in the Main Forum. We endeavour to keep Newbies sub forum for Introductions and not questions (see the header to Newbies). There are already existing caption topic titles discussing Diagnostic readers such as :- Search results for query: Which Diagnostic tool
This might answer your question.

Reactions: Aussie Captiva Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mwatown. I've got a Foxwell NT650Elite OBD scanner, Multi Application Service tool. It's really good. It was only a couple of hundred on ebay. Does all the things you want as far as accessing the various systems on the car. Also regular updates come out from Foxwell which improve the capabilities... I'm doing a update now as we speak.

Get on ebay and search for the unit, and you'll see all the things it can do. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
2012 Captiva 2.2 Diesel LX 6 speed auto AWD
2 Posts
Thanks ACG, I'll go online and look. Appreciated.
Another question if I may, who's your pick of mechanics in town?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts