Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! I'm new to chevy motors in general so a forward thanks to any advice you may offer for any of the stuff I may ask.[:D]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello 100mpg. I got my new Aveo LT last month. Very pleased apart from the lack of spare wheel. Are you happy with the gunk machine they supply or will you be getting a spare?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and thanks TwoChevs! Most definatley do NOT like the can of milkshake ive got instead of a proper spare wheel! Yes i will most probably get a spare wheel and am doing a bit of searching on the best offers if i find anything useful ill let you know.
I must say chevrolets website is very poor on the new Aveo front, nothing on there apart from info on car specs. If i were a potential customer i would not buy a car that the manufacturers site gives litte info on, this is a shame as the car is pretty good. Dont know why the manufacturer isnt supporting it well (hopefully thats not a sign of their intentions!)

·
Registered
156 Posts
welcome to you Both i Have a 59 plate Aveo LT , that came with one of those space saver spare wheels, only problem i have had with car was rear view mirror fell off, as it was incased in glass i eventually had to get new windscreen

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nnot really noticed that, ill check mine and see its any different dut to the age. was yours covered by warranty?

·
Registered
156 Posts
No they say windscreens ain't covered as Glass can go at any time but then Dealer said it could of been fitted badly at factory, had a ongoing row with dealer and Chevy uk but got so frustrated i just gave up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I decided to go for a new spare from the dealer. It's costing £225 and I have to wait for it to be sent from Holland (why Holland?). Everything I've read on the interweb about the repair kits is negative. Apparently they render the tyre useless and the AA hate them. A we go to France about once a month for a day's shopping (in Saint Omer, by the way - I recommend it)I can't bear the thought of dealing with a puncture kit on the hard shoulder of the motorway out of Calais.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i Wouldn't want to use the milkshake fullstop , the space saver aint great but a ,million times better than the milkshake

·
Registered
380 Posts
Holland is where GM have their european distribution centre, sadly alldealers andmanufacturers stock a minimum nowadays due to taxation of assets, as if they have paid for stock parts supplied they are considered as assets, and accordingly taxed, no money in that is there? I know it is a simplistic view but that's the basis, and don't expect to get lots of parts quite early in a vehicle life cycle, now that there are changes to trim almost annually. try getting something not a service item from a low volume producer.

Twochevs, is that for a steel wheel and tyre?

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
I strongly recommend that all Aveo owners purchase a spare wheel as there appears to be a good receptacle for it in the boot. The unsafe gunge is totally useless this is an Industry wide ploy to save money for the rip-off manufacturers they all seem to say the same it is to reduce weight improve co what utter nonsense. I have just been to a pre-view of the new Volvo V40 with the same response when I complained about the gunge. My present Cruze has a full size spare albeit different tyre size and if I change for a new Cruze Hatch I shall keep my existing spare and transfer it to the new car and give the gunge away with my old one. I drove the new Aveo found the ride good but hate the mad dash and the rear drum brakes are poor compared with the discs on Cruze. Quite frankly I do not like the Aveo.

·
Registered
380 Posts
disbeliever, go and try a peugot 207/8 and you will love the aveo, but the aveo is basically a car on the same platform as a corsa, and you can't compare it with a cruze, at first i told chevrolet that i thought the instrument pod on the aveo was vile, but now it doesn't bother me, but IT IS a lot of little car for not a lot of money. You can still find a few aveo 1.2 ls for less than the current list of £9495, FRF swanseahad the 1.3 vcdi in white for £9995 2 weeks ago, maybe there is one left, BRAND NEW unregistered! And I agree that every car owner should have a full size spare, the weight saving is used to get the co2 figures down to get lower road tax bands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts