Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, jusat traded my 06 Vectra SRi in for a new to me 08 Epica LT. Now its a different beast to my old car but I'm loving it already, so many toys!!!!!
Hope this forum proves helpful, and if I may ask for some help now can anyone answer this?

Why does my the fuel computer quote consumption in litres? Is it possible to change the unit of measurement to Gallons (i.e mpg)?
Cheers.
TJ.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi and welcome.
I doubt it's possible to change to galloins and if it's anything like that in my Captiva, I wouldn't bother anyway as it's hopelessly inaccurate...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Teejay,

I have managed to change the readings on my Captiva from litres to MPG by using the settings menus
, not that it makes the readings any more accurate as the trip computer fitted to Chevvys was last in the line when brains were handed out
, i.e. do not believe too closely what it tells you as accuracy is not fantastic, and I think this is because the update cycle is too long so when it calculates the average you may be on an acceleration phase which is thirsty and therefore reduces your average accordingly, then it is an uphill struggle to get a better reading unless you do a reset on the move. I tend to just ignore the computer and read the fuel guage then do any maths on a brim to brim basis.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies

Well its nearly a week since I got the car and apart from the difference in handling (my vectra was a low mileage SRi and was an unabused example) I'm very happy with my Epica.

I'm looking forward to a hopefully trouble free experience and if the chevrolet badge proves to be exactly that then ill trade her in for a nearly new cruze lt diesel next year.

·
Registered
652 Posts
You can change to litres or gallons or Miles or KM....

I have the Captiva, but assuming the same principal. What you do is hold the mode button in for a few seconds until the display starts to flash. Then press the mode button to "toggle" to the setting you want to change. Then press the Up/Down arrows to switch from one setting to another, ie. Ltrs/Gallons, etc.

Now the bit I have never worked out, how to switch "off" the change setting mode. I just leave it, after a while it stops flashing and is then set...

As said above though, if anything like the Captiva, dont bank on its accuracy...

Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts