Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from the sunny north east. (-3 today, spring is in the air..)

Just thought i'd introduce myself, I'm picking up my new orlando LTZ exec.pack at the weekend.

I do have a question already though.

Does anyone know if the reversing camera from the new captiva could be retro fitted to the orlando? Wouldit interface with the sat nav?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the site Iain.
Thanks very much.
You're welcome, have you got you new chevrolet yet?
Yes I collected my new Orlando on saturday and it's very nice.

What a friendly bunch!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry, nope the reversing camera on the Captiva can not be used on orlando. There is no video input on the Orlando sat nav.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, shame about the lack of video feed on the sat nav. The Orlando is great but it would appear the fuel consumption figures in the brochure are a bit optimistic.
I'm considering a DTUK chip box tuning thingy. Apparently kicks the bhp to 198 but does anyone have any experience of the drivability and fuel economy?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Iain,

I had a DTUK box on my 2.0D Captiva.Drive-abilityand power and torque were better, but consumption was worse, and I'm not a hard driver. I would recommend a remap rather than a box, and if you want good performance and better power, get the DPF removed as part of this.

Iain

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mate that sounds like good advice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Iain. Mine is the 130 diesel & I wouldn't mind getting it remapped, but would this not invalidate the warranty?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No idea Bill,
Someone told me that if you have a remap then as soon as the dealer plugs in the diagnostic gadget thing itwipes it out... That can't be right surely.

Any way I'm not sure what my insurance would have to say.. It's all just ideas at the minute. I'm hoping for more information from members of this forum before I commit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mmmmm. If you're right about what happens when diagnostic plugged in then it would be a lot of money down the drain. Must find out. Ah, I'd forgotten about the insurance aspect.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine is out of warranty, hence why I'm going there. Most companies, if they're decent will restore a lost map if that happens at no charge or at travel cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts