Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people!

My name is Miguel and I'm from Portugal!

I'm a proud owner of a'10 Captiva and I'm very happy with the car.

HopeI can learn more about this fantastic cars!

Regards

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">Welcome Aboard Miguel My Names is steve and i have a late 2009 Aveo

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">i actually seem to be the only Person on here that is proud to have an Aveo and talk on here

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just trying to put a smile back on your face lordpom, my diesel bill for December was £186.52p
I bet your Aveo fared a lot better.
Just had a look at a four door one,I thinkit looks like a mini Captiva or is that my imagination?

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">nah ur right Brian my Aveo was quite a bit less lol. I have the 5 Door LT Auto and does look a mini Captiva

<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm beginning to wonder if I should have gone for one as well. We did have two cars before we got the Captiva. It might have been better if we had got two Aveo's rather than one Captiva. I would have retained my freedom instead of becoming the house taxi. lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">Hahahah Captiva is good i guess in Many ways and served you well with the snow, but the Aveo will be cheaper on fuel and tax im sure and its did me well in the snow and stuff for 2wd

·
Registered
105 Posts
Must admit when you slide onto the leather seats and breath in the smell it does feel nice and comfortable and when you get going and feel the surge as you accelerate and the smoothness of the ride you are in a different world.........it's just the keeping one eye on the fuel gauge that spoils it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am amazed how quick the Aveo is when ya put pedal down for a 1.4 might not have the Leather bust best drive i have ever had, wont get another make of Car now im a chevy addict. After Matching Jackets for me and Girlfriend although shes not to keen hahah

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Captiva is really my wifes car, I'm just the driver.I may have to get her to reconsider and trade in for an Aveo the way prices are going up. The government has only got to shift the Captivaroad tax up another gram and we will be paying £425 for road tax!

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">Christ bugger that although saying that my dads is the same price for a Renault Kangoo

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Captiva is rated at 225 g/km which is £245 per year but if it goes up to 226 g/km it's £425 per year. The Captiva sems to have the highest emissions for size of engine than most other vehicles. I wouldn't put it past the government to sneak it up a couple of grams to catch us out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well, best go and sort myself out I think the wife wants to do the weekly tour of Tesco. I hate parking down there, the spaces don't seem to be that big and I am always worried about getting it doored. I wouldn't mind but she takes so long shopping that I just feel it gives more than one person the chance to hit it. lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100px;">i just hate Tesco full stop hahahah. have fun and if they do just go round town keying all the beemers lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
hmmm... that road tax is a concern!!!!

my captiva is a 7 seater, so that when all my family wants to go out , we only need to use one car!!!

where as if i only had a 5 seater, then we would need to use two cars!!!

so i think, that all cars over 6 seats, should be given a tax break of some kind!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's right, we thought the seven seats would come in handy when we take our daughter and her children out so we just use one car.
The thingI find worrying is that the 2.0L captiva engine has the highest emission figures of any 2.0L diesel engine I have come across most seem to be about 182g/km and the captiva is 225g/km

1 - 20 of 29 Posts