Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new here and a new Chevvy owner so figured this had to be the best place to find some help for my problem.I recently purchased a 2009 (59) Aveo LS. The horn sounding feature it has should something not be closed properly after locking, keeps going off randomly. It seems to be mainly after using the boot. I am positive though, the boot is closed properly. Today it went off about 6 different times, each time I check windows and all doors, even ones that hadn't been used. Sometimes it would go off within a few seconds of locking and other times 10 or so minutes later. It then went off again. So I drove to a friends using only the drivers door and parked there for 30 mins it was fine. I have got back home and again only used the drivers door, no windows, and it hasn't gone off again.
Anyone had this problem or could suggest anything to look into?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I assume your car is still under warranty, so ask your dealer. but my lacetti used to do that, the epica does it occasionally (rarely) gave up on the lacetti, seems to be a chevy special!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I just wondered if anyone had a quick fix. Same issue again twice today and once while I was actually on phone booking it in for warranty work. Hopefully they sort it on the first attempt. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just registered so this reply may be a bit late. Problem is probably the alarm switch on the landing panel for the bonnet, they usually fill with water. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally forgot to post the resolve here in case it helps someone in the future and you are spot on Paul.
This was carried out under warranty and seems to have solved the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts