Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter coming, can anyone shed light on how good the heater is in their Captiva.

My AirCon is great, on automatic keeps the car nice, cool and comfortable. But when I push the temperature up, I dont seem to get Warm air coming in. I have to put it up on 30+ to feel warm air through the vents and then not what I'd call Hot.

Just wondering, with winter coming, and my car under warranty till next Feb, whether I need to get this looked at now, or is this another "typical" Captiva nuance.

Was caught out with something similar on a Volvo I had years ago. Aircon great in summer, but no heat in Winter. Got the garage to fix that only to find the following spring that the Aircon no longer worked.... Hope this wont be the same with the Captiva.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I find mine heats to a point- the air from the vent's is roasting- but then when it reaches the desired temp you get cool air again from the upper vents. I've only had the car a few days and I'm not sure how to work most of it, but if I find a solution , I'll post it here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you tried running the heater with the Aircon button turned off?.
I only ever switch the Aircon on to keep the car cool.

I had theheater running this morning and it worked great, plenty of hot air. Only gripe was if you adjust the dial to put air at your feet / demister it always still seems to come out of the front vents. Not a big deal though as I can just close them.

I havea 2009 LT model that has manual Aircon fitted.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Auto Climate Control (2.0D LTX). I can switch the AC off and "manually" set the controls, but when you do that the screen mists up so fast.... Hence I tend to leave it set in Auto mode.

I'm not convinced that the heater is working as well as it could.... Looks like the heated seats will come in useful, come the winter...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ambits said:
Have you tried running the heater with the Aircon button turned off?.
I only ever switch the Aircon on to keep the car cool.

I had theheater running this morning and it worked great, plenty of hot air. Only gripe was if you adjust the dial to put air at your feet / demister it always still seems to come out of the front vents. Not a big deal though as I can just close them.

I havea 2009 LT model that has manual Aircon fitted.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

I never run with the aircon switched on, other than if i need the cooling, but it does get chilly after the climate reaches the desired temp. I've found over the past few days that switching the fan to it's lowest setting or off helps, provided you're moving. Sitting in traffic, you do need a bit of fan to keep the air moving.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the LTX and it has Auto Climate Control. Hence if switched to Auto, has I prefer it, then the AC comes on or off as required to maintain temperature.

Problem I have found, now entering a wetter autumn month, is that the screen mists quite quickly. So I'm constantly hitting the screen demist button or having to use manual controls.

Still not very warm though, so I suspect my heater isnt working efficiently.... Sounds like another job for the dealer before the warranty runs out...

Thanks all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts