Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Orlando LS 1.8 PETROL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little spanner light has come on, and I've read the handbook several times, but can't find the code for whatever the problem is and it's frankly driving me mental.

I can get into the menu where it asks me to set the region, but that's as far as I can get. I can't see any code coming up. What am I doing wrong? I can go through the vehicle information like MPG, mileage, fuel left etc fine.

I'm hoping it's just to tell me that it'll be due a service at 70k (currently on 69,400).

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, forgot to mention that it's the Orlando LS on a 12 plate, 1.8 petrol.

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Cher,,
The code number would normally be shown on the DIC display. I've checked in my copy of Handbook for your model year and the codes are listed on pages 80 & 81
Code 82 is 'change engine oil soon'. Anything with a spanner showing should be checked with a diagnostic tool ASAP just in case there is a serious issue pending.

Your second post with vehicle details should have been completed at the time of Forum Sign-Up registration , along with your World location ( the Forum system believes you to be located in the UK). Some how you missed these two sections but you can correct/complete them by following the Tips and Guidance in the following link:-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply. There's no code showing at all on the DIC, so I have no idea what the problem is. I'm planning on taking it to my local garage tomorrow to see if they can plug it in and see what's going on.

In relation to location and details, when I signed up it didn't give me an option to enter these details. Maybe because I picked the option to sign up with Google? I'll try to rectify this now.

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Okay, The trip to local mechanic might be a wise precaution (just in case). Might be nothing serious but best to check.
Sign-Up data all sorted - well done. I'll look into why the sign-up data was missing at source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts