Chevrolet Owners Club banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,881 Posts
Make an AWD into 2WD is 'simples' as Serge would say. Jack it up and remove two wheels !!!:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
119 Posts
@gcmarcal: For our type of Captiva I think is even easier, you just remove the middle gears and shaft and leave everything else in place.

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
284 Posts
@gcmarcal: For our type of Captiva I think is even easier, you just remove the middle gears and shaft and leave everything else in place.
Hopefully we dont have to do that!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ironically shortly after I have done my transfer box, this lad put this tutorial in how to remove it!

Youtube

Reactions: Victor

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva, 2011-05, 2.2, 135 kw, AWD.
3 Posts
My Captiva 2011 135 kw manual also doesn't work 4WD. I just bought it and it didn't work at the beginning. So diagnostic don't find any mistakes, also during the test, we found what 4 veels don't work together, also you can easy to turn cardan witch is going to rear differential and it rear veels go well. Any noise in the transfer case.
So my assessment is that could be middle Drive shaft (part 26) removed, because of any noise, the transfer case is not broken. Before total removal transfer case, I am going to remove from the back part 37 and look inside, how it looks. I also already ordered new 4 bearings, as I understood the middle shaft right side bearing is the weakest point. I also started looking for used transfer case, it also not easy and prices are around 500 eu (new one around 1500 eu). I sow that it is different numbers for automatic and manual gears auto. If my transfer case corpus is good I can change only inside parts, it easy to find.
Is it any differences in transfer case inside parts for manual and automatic auto? Thanks.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ironically shortly after I have done my transfer box, this lad put this tutorial in how to remove it!Youtube
Great video that, saw your comment on it about the heat shield - that's because it's got the V6 petrol engine in it, you just see him removing the CAT and there's no DPF.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Is it any differences in transfer case inside parts for manual and automatic auto? Thanks.
The manual transfer case assembly has a different part number from the automatic transmission version so there may well be differences in the internal parts. I believe the transfer case for the automatic uses the same Transmission Fluid as the gearbox.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts