Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finally after several months I was able to solve the problem of idling ticking with the hot engine that many complain about.
In my case it was due to the engine wiring, more precisely I found in the bundle of wires that go to the control unit near the battery 5/6 bare wires
with the damaged cover (chapped peels) I insulated them individually with insulating tape and covered the beam with self-amalgamating tape.
After this operation I heard the infamous ticking still the first day, the second day barely noticeable, in the following days disappeared.
I waited to write to be sure, 2 months have passed, the noise is gone.
I recommend to those who have this problem to remove the plastic cover over the engine and inspect all the wiring that you can see, look for
any anomaly (stripped, cracked cables, bad connectors) if you do not find anything, get help from an electrician also for the wiring part
behind and under the engine not easily visible
I hope I have been of help, let me know what you find

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Interesting and enlightening cause and solution. Thanks for Feedback.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone managed to solve the problem by looking in the wiring?
I'd like to know if you've solved it, thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take up this argument to say that the noise has disappeared since March and has never reappeared

·
Registered
114 Posts

Finally after several months I was able to solve the problem of idling ticking with the hot engine that many complain about.
In my case it was due to the engine wiring, more precisely I found in the bundle of wires that go to the control unit near the battery 5/6 bare wires
with the damaged cover (chapped peels) I insulated them individually with insulating tape and covered the beam with self-amalgamating tape.
After this operation I heard the infamous ticking still the first day, the second day barely noticeable, in the following days disappeared.
I waited to write to be sure, 2 months have passed, the noise is gone.
I recommend to those who have this problem to remove the plastic cover over the engine and inspect all the wiring that you can see, look for
any anomaly (stripped, cracked cables, bad connectors) if you do not find anything, get help from an electrician also for the wiring part
behind and under the engine not easily visible
I hope I have been of help, let me know what you find
Hi, do you have a picture of where exactly the bare wires were found/ Thanks, Howard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Topman 396, the bare wires were located near the battery, exactly in the bundle that enters the engine control unit and were clearly visible, you will have to search carefully and patiently on all the engine wiring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts