Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had to renew my car insurance (well due end of the month), and have been taken back on how expensive the insurance is for the Captiva.

I should add a few points here. I have to insure for Business use (Class 1), but I have 15 years no claims. Last year, I had an S-Type Jag (2.5 V6) and only paid £350 for a years cover. I was amased when I have just been quoted £480 for the same cover on the Captiva.

How is a Capiva more expensive than a Jag to ensure>

Anyone else had a similar issue....

What makes the difference, is it because it is 4WD or maybe 7 seats... I would have expected it to be less than the Jag. After all, it is slower, not classed as a "sports" car. I would like to know why the big difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have just bought my Captiva LT and got insurance with Liverpool Victoria (LV).

http://www.lv.com/
It cost me about £380 but that does not include the Business use. That comes with Protected No Claims with approximate milage of 12,000 per year and a £300 excess. It includes discount for 7 years No Claims.

It may be worth getting a quote from them. They were the cheapest I could find when I was looking.

I used to have a BMW 1 Series which is in a higher insurance group and it was £100 cheaper to insure than Chevy so I'm a little confused as well. Can't complain too much though as I can now fit more than 1 suitcase in the boot!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. I checked out LV as well as others... LV quoted me £440, with Business. So still not brilliant.

I had a quote from Admiral for £375, so have gone with them. Mind you, after getting my NCD cert from SwiftCover (previous insurer) I have "lost" 10 years NCD. By this I mean, I have 15 years, but their certificate will only show 5 Years, as they say this is the highest they give. I would have expected them to say 5+ Years indicating I have more than 5, if that is the case but they wont.

I must say Admiral have been good about this, and are contacting SwiftCover directly. If they are happy, then everything is good. However, if Swift play up, then I may loose 10 years worth of NCD, which is unacceptable in my view.

So fingers crossed....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts