Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The connection on my Chevrolet Orlando 2012 VCDi 2.2d 163bhp has failed, a new one supplied by GM has a different type of connection fitting..
The 1st image is the old connection and the 2nd shows the new type.

I need to know if the new one will work correctly before fitting, as once fitting is attempted if it’s wrong they won’t refund
the cost.
I NEED HELP! ASAP

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Stefan, If you provided the vin number and other identifying data to your GM parts provider then the responsibility for identifying the correct part is THEIRS. That is what you are expecting them to do. They are the professionals who's responsibility is to supply the correct part. All this cr**p of no returns if it is incorrect is B*ll S**t.

If you provided incorrect vehicle identification info then it will be your error.

Have you looked up other parts described as for Orlando and identified any similarities to the part they have provided? This may be a genuine upgraded part.

Who was the 'GM' firm in question? There are very few Chevrolet service dealers in UK We only know you are in UK because the system says so, but you didnt complete your 'Location' in your Sign-Up

3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part was supplied from GM Vauxhall in Germany, all the details were supplied by my mechanic vin number, registration etc...
They have been asked if this is definitely the right part and they have said it’s the one they supply, they can’t supply the one with the same fixing as in the 1st picture as they don’t make them anymore.
It has taken nearly 2 weeks for the part to arrive, my car has been sat around for 3 1/2 weeks with my mechanic now and still cannot get a direct answer from them.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Stefan, The one thing I've pick up from your post is you describing your vehicle as a 2.2D presumably meaning diesel.
Build data does not list a 2.2 engine for the Orlando. Diesel is the Z20D1 engine which is 2.0 litre or the LAF engine which is 2.4 litre petrol Ecotec . At 163 bhp I believe you have a 2.0 Litre Z20D1 engine.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean Intercooler pipe? That looks like this :- 2012 CHEVROLET ORLANDO 2.0 VCDI INTERCOOLER PIPE 95939956 | eBay

Or do you mean Air Intake pipe? That looks like this:-

That’s the new modified one as shown in the 2nd picture, all I need to know is if it’s going to fit my car.
I have that complete pipe with manifold and fixing, but the connection is totally different in look to the original.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[QUOTE = "Stefan 'Orlando 2.2d', message: 43162, membre: 7886"]
La connexion sur mon Chevrolet Orlando 2012 VCDi 2.2d 163bhp a échoué, un nouveau fourni par GM a un type de raccord de connexion différent.
La 1ère image est l'ancienne connexion et la 2ème montre le nouveau type.

J'ai besoin de savoir si le nouveau fonctionnera correctement avant le montage, car une fois que le montage est tenté s'il est faux, ils ne rembourseront pas
le coût.
J'AI BESOIN D'AIDE! au plus vite
[ATTACH = complet] 1624 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = complet] 1625 [/ ATTACH]
[/CITATION]

Bonjour, je suis justement à la recherche de ce modéle de coude pour le côté avant gauche de mon intercooler (sur chevrolet orlando 2.0 vdci 163 cv). Ou puis-je me le fournir svp? Merci par avance

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
[QUOTE = "Aussie Ed, message: 44530, membre: 620"]
Loik33, La langue de ce forum est l'anglais.
Comment utiliser ce forum ici: - Conseils utiles sur l'utilisation du forum
[/CITATION]
Hello ,sorry,
I need to find the connector with metalic clip for the intercooler of my chevrolet orlando 2.0 vdci 2012. for the left side.
Do you know where i can find it?
Thanks per advance?

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts