Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can anyone assist.

I own a Chevrolet Orlando LTZ VCDI 2012 Auto. It has 108,000 on the clock. Since last week the car had been going into limp mode and code 84 was displaying on the screen. I had the code checked and it displayed P0101. I have had the MAF replaced and now I can hear a hissing sound from front of car as I press the accelerator. It sounds like it could be a split in the intercooler pipe.

Would I have to get this part from Chevrolet or could I buy an alternative from europarts etc

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
I recall either on Orlando or Captiva forum someone obtaining a suitable substitute from a motor factor at a fraction of the price. Certainly worth exploring the option rather than GM part. The Search tab is a useful tool for exploring previous similar posts.
May not have been anything wrong with the MAF you have replaced. If there is a problem with the volume of air entering ie split hose, there are only certain limits the MAF can operate to.

Couple of 'tips' for Forum use.
Complete your sign up and give Location in the world; if you add your vehicle details to your Footer' (signature box) you wont have to repeat them everytime you post and Forum readers will readily identify the model/variant.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Rosa, The Coolant Reservoir has nothing to do with the intercooler so your post should be a new topic heading.
Replacement parts should be available from your Chevrolet service dealer or available online.
Rather puzzled why you have to get this - surely the mechanic could/should have done this?
As you havent completed your sign-up with your 'location' we have no way of knowing where in the world you are in respect of local sourcing.
You can try this link and get one shipped to you:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...ome..69i57.25573j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Can anyone assist.

I own a Chevrolet Orlando LTZ VCDI 2012 Auto. It has 108,000 on the clock. Since last week the car had been going into limp mode and code 84 was displaying on the screen. I had the code checked and it displayed P0101. I have had the MAF replaced and now I can hear a hissing sound from front of car as I press the accelerator. It sounds like it could be a split in the intercooler pipe.

Would I have to get this part from Chevrolet or could I buy an alternative from europarts etc
Hi Shan,
I bought 2012 Orlando Diesel 4 days ago and after complaining about power loss on uphill and highway, mechanic have found a split in intercooler pipe in the left side. I saw you had similar issue and try to source a pipe, did you managed to buy this pipe? Where? How much has it costed? Is it giving reliable life?
Please share details. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Surya, The internet is a good place to try.
Just type Intercooler pipe for 2012 Chevrolet Orlando into your search engine and you'll have a listing something like the attached :-

Surya, You didnt complete your World location in your Sign-Up but the Forum system believes you to be UK located.
As a new Forum Member the attached link has helpful info concerning the Forum. :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Surya, The internet is a good place to try.
Just type Intercooler pipe for 2012 Chevrolet Orlando into your search engine and you'll have a listing something like the attached :-

Surya, You didnt complete your World location in your Sign-Up but the Forum system believes you to be UK located.
As a new Forum Member the attached link has helpful info concerning the Forum. :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum
Thank you very much for your reply Ed.
None of them in the search mach the part on the car (as per appearance) hence looking for someone who get this hose in the battery side replaced. And the location is very complex and looking for a garage who can replace at a competitive rates in London.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Surya, You have to recognise that the Orlando has different engine builds. There is a 1.6 & 2.0 l diesel engine. You simply stated you have a Diesel. (nothing else).
You need to be more precise with entering your search requirements ie which engine do you have. There will be a J 3** engine (star representing a numeral)
Somewhere in the back of my mind I have belief that the Chevrolet Cruze and the Orlando share some common parts.
Once you have identified you engine variant you can continue your Internet Search using that detail.

Reminder to Read the Guidelines included in my previous post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Surya, You have to recognise that the Orlando has different engine builds. There is a 1.6 & 2.0 l diesel engine. You simply stated you have a Diesel. (nothing else).
You need to be more precise with entering your search requirements ie which engine do you have. There will be a J 3** engine (star representing a numeral)
Somewhere in the back of my mind I have belief that the Chevrolet Cruze and the Orlando share some common parts.
Once you have identified you engine variant you can continue your Internet Search using that detail.

Reminder to Read the Guidelines included in my previous post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ORLANDO LT VCDI 2.0 DIESEL AUTO 2012.
I probably done 100 odd searches in google with different search texts and spoken to 10s of garages but couldn’t get cheaper alternative for a simple yet complex hose pipe. If I had access (it’s in complex position and I don’t have all tools) I could open it and take the piece and can easily find an alternative.
Any help in finding an exact pipe which I can order online and which I can take it to any local garage who can fit it for a nominal amount.
Linear length of this whole pipe is about a meter and split is in the bottom side near the intercooler connection and not sure whether this one meter pipe needs to be replaced as whole or it it is pieces built with clams?
A couple of garages have quoted 385 + taxes for the pipe from Chevrolet dealership plus cost of labor put together quoted 700/- for a car worth 3,500/-

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
We are slowly creeping a bit near with your answers and we now at least know which variant model you have, although you have still not understood the purpose or benefit of completing your Sign-Up and vehicle details in the locations recommended. I'll provide this link again :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Forum Member Scouse-Mafia provided a helpful post a while ago as to a provider of Chevrolet parts. The only suggestion I can offer is that you follow this link and contact Hammonds - remembering to give your vehicle Vin build number.
Link :- Chevrolet Parts Mail Order.

I'm assuming this was a private purchase? If you bought it from a dealer then you should refer it back to them as unfit for purpose and invoke the Returns clause.
If as appears likely that this was a private purchase, didnt you test drive it first? You could of course had this vehicle checked by one of the motoring organisations who will will check a vehicle for a mere fraction of the price you are now likely to pay for the part. I sadly think you have been 'taken' !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts