Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I;m a Captiva owner in Thailand and I would like to know how the interior light work in the Captiva in other countries.

When I open my door(s) to the car the ceiling light in the middle and in the back of the car turn on, but not the light in the front that are also used for map-light during driving. However the drivers manual describe that these light should turn on as well, but we checked in the Chevrolet garage in Bangkok and none of the models turn on the map light automatic. Its rather dark in the front getting in, to be honest.

Does the map light in the ceiling turn on in your car when you open one of the doors?

Another question about interior light. In the drivers side the light for the windowsbutton (the ones in the door) turn on when the headlight are on. However there is no light in the bottom for the lock / un-lock the doors.

Do you have light in thelock / un-lock the doors in the in the drivers side door?

I hope someone - or more can please tell me how these interior light work in the Captiva in you country.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

CB

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have a captiva 2008 model and the interior lights work as you said, it has very poor lighting in the front unless there is another way that we dont know about, I have been overland from Malta toRome, Paris,MonteCarlo and back home with no problems GREAT CAR
SOLRAC MALTA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm - okay thanks for update. I wonder why it doesn't connect to the other lights in the back. It should be so easy and make a great effort. Especially finding the bottoms for the unlock door in drives side is impossible.

I do find many un-logical positions for the layout in the dashboard: aircon (you gotta be an engineer), radio (a true nightmare to operate other than the volume), the little piece of plastic that is impossible to get off when you want to park in neutral, not to speak about loosing it, the way the light turns, sprinkler on etc. After 10k so many things wrong with the car already. In my previous Ford Focus everything was so logical - and seem to be of better quality as well. Never had a problem.

Besides that the Captiva is a lovely car, looks good, spacious and goes even longer by the liter than the Focus!

·
Registered
11 Posts
you just have to sit in the car and get used to the instruments and gadgets for about an hour, then you will find what you want with your eyes closed hopefully, but dont do it whilst driving

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine's a 2008 model and the interior lights are exactly as you have said.

I have the LTX model, and have noticed that the controls on the steering wheel arent illuminated (ie. Radio and Crusise controls)... Is yours the same ?

Regards

Kevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a UK 2008 modelLTX and you are all right. No lights on the door panel for lock-unlock, No front ceiling lights when opening the doors and no lights to illuminate the steering wheel controls which is very poor.

Maybe Chevrolet will read these posts and improve the lighting.

Other than that a great car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep the same.... very poor lighting in the front unless manually selecting the map lights, so we manually select the map lights a lot. Evident our Korean engineers didn't get to go out in the dark much and never saw this as an issue!

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
Hi Wilson, location - do you mean Umina NSW? Welcome to UK forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
They didnt 'fix it' even in the Series 2 !
Four years on from the intro of Series 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts