Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you get the<h3 style="font-size: medium; font-weight: normal; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; : rgb255, 248, 231; "><b style="color: rgb14, 28, 179; cursor: pointer; ">Interiorlight to come on when you open the door orlando LT[/B]</h3>

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not that knowledgeable on electrics/mechanics & didn't wish to undertake a wiring job. I simply replaced the 5w bulb (the middle row one which comes on automatically) with a 21w. It's made an amazing difference. I now get light to the front of the passenger compartment. Only problem was that the heat from the higher wattage bulb distorted the lens (the 21w is a larger bulb than the 5w too), so I drilled a hole in it to let the heat escape. Problem solved. Cheap, quick & effective.

Bill.
Bill.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think the other way is a wee bit less intrusive and only slightly more complicated....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Probably more professional too Iain. However all I did was change a bulb & drill a hole (no intrusions whatsoever) - a 10 minute job which gave a satisfactory result & suited me as I'm not up to messing about with electrics.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The GM (Vauxhall) part-number that you need to get hold of, to replace the standard front interior light in the Orlando is: 13285100

I got one off ebay for £15 delivered!

This is a direct replacement for the standard item.

I've fitted mine, and have currently got just the two map-reading lights working (as per standard light). I now need to get a 'feed' from the rear interior light, to turn on the front interior light when the doors are opened. The wiring loom that feeds the front light, only has power & ground, so you can manually turn on the map-lights.

Once I've worked out which wire I need to splice in to from the rear, I'll do a full DIY guide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts