Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to set their interior lights so the front come interiors lights come on when the doors open. Also would like to install LED lights in the interior any advice please?

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Steve, it is useful to put your vehicle year / variant info in your footer (where your signature is).I thought the Orlando had configurable lighting. I'll have a look in my online handbook.

<ul style="font-size: medium;">[*]Center dome lamp<ul style="list-style-: none;">[*]The lamp should operate as follows.[/list]<ul style="list-style-: none;">[*]""“ "ON" position : Always comes on and stays on.[*]""“ "OFF" position : The light remains off even when a door is opened.[*]""“ Set the switch to "DOOR" position(between "ON" and "OFF"), and check that the light comes on when a door is opened.[/list][/list]

Edited by: Aussie Ed

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't think the front lights can be made to come on when the doors are opened, they are map reading lights and are switched separately....which is a bit stupid really , as it's quite dark in the front!

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
I recall now that in the Captiva forum there was a post about three years ago where the owner had fed a wire from the centre light console to the front map readers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have fitted a vauxhall Zafira 2006 Mk2 interior light, which has a light in the middle and connected the wire from the rear light door wire which is above the drivers sun visor to get it to work.As the orlando light does not have this light fitted.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Jules9446 said:
I have fitted a  vauxhall Zafira 2006 Mk2 interior light, which has a light in the middle and connected the wire from the rear light door wire which is above the drivers sun visor to get it to work.As the orlando light does not have this light fitted.
Hi, any chance you can upload a photo on here of what you've done with your light please? I may have a go changing mine if it's not too much faff!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just fitted a new front light in my Orlando, sourced from a VX Insignia.

The Orlando front wiring has only 2 connections (1&6 +&- )therefore The wiring will have to be modified in order for it to come on with the doors, you will need to run a 3 core cable from the centre light to the front light.
Between the two lights connect together terminals 2, 4, 5. You will need a new plug connector for the front light, which will have the extra pin terminals required.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Jose, Member Kev82 has sold his Orlando so he may or may not have this information or even read your post now.
To assist in any reply please always give the year/variant of your vehicle and also complete your World location because there are often different 'builds' of vehicle for different parts of the world.
The forum system is identifying Portugal - is this correct?
You may have to obtain a suitable interior lamp and work out your own wiring solution dependant upon switching arrangements.

As you are a new Forum Member the following link provides some helpful information on using the Forum such as Sign Up and vehicle information.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Good luck with the solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jose, Member Kev82 has sold his Orlando so he may or may not have this information or even read your post now.
To assist in any reply please always give the year/variant of your vehicle and also complete your World location because there are often different 'builds' of vehicle for different parts of the world.
The forum system is identifying Portugal - is this correct?
You may have to obtain a suitable interior lamp and work out your own wiring solution dependant upon switching arrangements.

As you are a new Forum Member the following link provides some helpful information on using the Forum such as Sign Up and vehicle information.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Good luck with the solution.
Thanks for the info. Yes it is true I am writing from Portugal.
A year or two ago I found here on this forum a schematic drawing of the electrical installation of the front roof light of a VX Insignia in a Chevrolet Orlando and at this moment I really needed it.
If by chance anyone has this schematic or installation information, I would be grateful if you could provide it.
Thanks
Best regards

·
Registered
2013 Orlando, 2.4 liter, automatic.
3 Posts
Hello. I recently bought a used Chevy Orlando in Ontario Canada and was puzzled why the front map lights dont come on when doors are open like the center dome does. I thought it was broken but now see it was designed that way. Very annoying in the dark to insert the ignition key or look for things at the front. I installed a brighter LED bulb in the center dome but it still didnt get a lot of light up front. So I took apart the map light assembly and found it has a socket for a bulb in the middle between the map bulbs. Power is not applied to this socket and there is no hole in the silver reflector either. I drilled the plastic reflector covering the unused socket, inserted an LED bulb, fed a wire from the center dome light and now have light up front.
I used a Philips 194W LED bulb which creates much less heat than stock and is very bright.
Automotive parking light Light Lighting Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Light Automotive exterior Vehicle door

1 - 13 of 13 Posts