Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My internal mirror fell off last night.

I put it down to the extreme cold (and my wife being too "physical" in adjusting it
).

I have the LXT and the internal mirror has dimming function. This meant it was dangling by the wires. It was dark, and I couldnt detach them, so I had to pull into a local DIY store and buy adhesive tabs (They only had No Nails).

Anyone else experience anything like this... And if so, what't the best thing to re-attach the mirror with. The "no nails" tabs are holding it, but it doesnt feel too sturdy when adjusting it, just waiting for it to come off again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
well here in the peak district, the min temp was -9 degrees, but my rear view mirror has not been affected.... yet!!!

i suppose you need to contact the steeler ( dealer ) to see if they have some strong double sided sticky tape.

good luck

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would stick with the no nails pads if they are working- all the dealer will give you is something less effective for more money... Incidently, the lowest temp I saw today on my way to work was -19C at Muirhead on the M73! My mirror is still on too, but for how much longer with all of the rutted ice on the roads round here is anyone's guess.Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking about it, the cold probably had little to do with it. The "sticky tab" had broke, so it is probably down to "ham fisted" adjusting over the years.

Just waiting for the "no nails" one to come away, and then have to do it again. Hopefully though I will have time to do it properly this time in the day light, rather than the "rush" job at the road side.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just found out why my mirror fell off.......

Have posted on another thread about my Rear wash.

I had thought it frozen, but as posted elsewhere, I thought it strange that it hadn't thawed. Well I know have my worst suspicions realised.

The pipe MUST have worked loose (or worse split), as I have screen wash coming in along the Windscreen, and water in the lense cap of the front reading lights. Also, water (screen wash) has built up behind the internal mirror, which is why the "sticky tab" peeled away.

It has also, now "shorted" the automatic dipping mirror.

Aaaaaargh....

Booked it in the Chevy dealer, who says it "might" not be a warranty job, they don't believe it to be. Have to fight this one, after all, a pipe coming off the washers in a an inaccessible place (roof lining) cant be put down to wear n' tear.... can it ?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Strange, I had a wee bit of water in the interior light, but presumed it was just condensation. I don't have any other symptoms, but I'll have a deeper check once it comes back from the body shop.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigianw, might be worth having a chat with them now, if it is in a Chevy dealership, that is...

I've postponed mine going in till 5th Jan now, as they said they may need it in overnight. I didnt want to be without the beast with all this snow in South Wales.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts