Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does any one know if the Captiva is covered by the 5 Year warranty and 5 Year servicing offer Chevrolet are currently running.

I bought my car in January and Chevrolet have sent a card for 3 years servicing??

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you got your new Captiva on one of the many discounted deals that are kicking around then the answer is quite likely no. I spoke to Chevrolet on their 5 year Promise helpline, 0800666 222 and the Promise is only available if you paid the full (or close to the full) Manufacturers price.

In their Terms and Conditions it states;
* Excludes Matiz. Available at
participating Retailers only.
Not in conjunction with any other offer. Offer
available on all retail registrations from 30th November 2010 to 5th
April
2011 apart from all Matiz models. Certain Retail stock
does not qualify.

Annoying but the saving you made on price will likely more than cover the cost of warranty/servicing I should think.

We just bought our Captiva the other day and when we asked the dealer he said it came with a 5 year warranty. When we went through the payment Invoice I noticed that he had charged us for a two year extended warranty, on querying this he said it came with a 3 year manufacturers warranty and he had added the 2 year extended warranty as we had asked! After some "debate" i checked with Chevrolet themselves who confirmed the Promise did not apply. We ended up getting the 2 year extended warranty for no extra cost but as its from Arnold Clark........!

Check very carefully before you buy.

Edited by: BorisBlank

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you are right it has been excluded because of the price I paid for the car. I little miss-leading, but I did get a great deal on the car and it's great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts