Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trawling through all the 'newbies', I found none boasting a 'Matiz'. But seeing this is an obsolete model refashioned from the Daewood days, not so surprising although it does sport the Chevrolet badge. Actually I wanted a 'Spark' but the price was twice that that I paid for my 2008/9 Matiz. The traded in Vauxhall 1993 Nova has none of the bells & whistles of my 'new' car but proud to see it displayed in its dotage at the local Vauxhall/Chevrolet dealer's showroom as a well-kept memorabilia of the age. 'What do I think of the 'Matiz'- build quality- ummmm; economy- good but not outstanding; driveability- struggles on hills and some understeer. But an ideal run-about but what a pity they didn't just give a little more attention to the 'radiator engineering'- the original was designed by the same chap who fashioned the VW golf but lost when changes were made to upgrade from 3 to 4 cyclinders etc. 'Do I like it?" It will see a pensioner through or a least I'll see it through!

·
Registered
380 Posts
welcome to the club, a friends sister has a matiz (she is 78) (just drives locally around swansea) and is delighted with it. It has turned out to be utterly reliable in the 7 years she has had it and just needs servicing and mot each year, She says it will see her out!Happy motoring!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that 'Oldroverboy'. Your sister is just 4 years older than me and I too have a sister of that age! I am consoled that her Matiz has behaved itself..!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts