Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having changed jobs and increased my travel, I decided that spending £60-£70 a week on diesel was getting ridiculous. And signs are, prices will keep going up. So, reluctantly, decided the Captiva had to go. Swapped it for a pre-registered Seat Ibiza Sport Tourer Diesel with the promise of 80+ mpg ! Won't get this of course, but if I get 50-60, it'll half my fuel costs and all for £20 a year tax.
A bit odd driving this for the first time today after driving the Captiva for 18 months. However, it's kind of fun in a noddy car kind of way

I could have got more for the Captiva if I sold it privately or shopped around and haggled but I just don't have the time just now. I just won't look for it on sale at the dealer I used. They'll probably make about £3k out of it.
Anyway, now off to the Seat forum

·
Registered
226 Posts
hi,
i had a seat cupra, one of the best cars i have driven...

it was great fun to drive, and it was 100% reliable over six years.

the doors even sounded like a golf when i closed them!!!!

have fun with your seat.....

i only got rid of mine because i need a seven seater 4x4.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My son has an Ibiza FR, it has the 150 bhp twincharger petrol engine, I have to say that my Captiva which runs without a cat and dpf actually gets better fuel consumption. However I also have say that the Seat is nice to drive and when you drive it you know that mechanically at least it is a VAG engineered vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sydney.I've just done the same- swapped me "59 plate" Captiva for a Vauxhall Insignia-. My Chevvy was okay-loads of room, but the fuel bill was awful on a weekly basis. Servicing, road fund licence, and overall running costs where a bit steep.
Now I've got 4x18" wheels and tyres (which I got as a spare set) for sale- think they'll sell. One new tyre from a dealer can cost over £100-00p fitted, with valves and balanced.
Probably would have kept me Chevrolet if the price of keeping on the road had been cheaper?
Ed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts