Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give any advice, I have a 60 Plate LTZ and last night the handle on the lift up lid where the jack is stored fell to bits, Ive only opened it about 5 times. I took it into the dealers this morning and they have ordered new parts, but, they said as the car is over a year old I might have to pay!! I thought there was a 3 year warranty on the car and this would be included. Any Advice?

·
Registered
192 Posts
If that handle ain't handling use then it ain't fit for it's purpose. Seriously, I use mine several times a week, since 2008 and it's still fine. They should sort that under warranty.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Don't take the bull from the dealer. If the car is only a year old and under warranty then it has to be covered.

Also agree Dave mine is used all the time with no problem and a 2008 model.

Your is not fit for purpose and the car is within warranty. Tell them to fix it at no cost to yourself.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The 3 year warranty does not cover interior trim, which are only covered for 12 months apparently The GM warranties are all the same, inc Vauxhall- I had exactly the same argument with my dealer. In the end Barry at Cresser got one for me at a substancial discount and I fitted it myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone they did fit it under warranty in the end, its our 4th Captiva in 5 years so they must have had second thoughts

·
Registered
8 Posts
mikedriz said:
Thanks everyone they did fit it under warranty in the end, its our 4th Captiva in 5 years so they must have had second thoughts

4th in 5 years............
how much have you lost in 4 cars worth of depreciation in 5 years?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
We always buy ex demo's its amazing how much you save

i second that

Lots saved

2 out of 4 of my last chevrolets have been at 50% off at a year old and the other 2 at 40%.

lacetti 0 problems
aveo1.4lt 0 problems
epica never broke down,
Cruze (touch wood)

2 friends have each bought new spark and new aveo on myrecommendationin the last 2 weeks , both zero% finance with ultra low deposit, spark buyer got 3 years free servicing and breakdown cover thrown in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Even so I can't see how the numbers add up by changing 4 cars in 5 years. Your dealer must love u! But each to their own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts