Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a Hyundai Coupe 2.0 which I enjoyed as a bit of fun, but as I get older and need to be a bit more sensible and to save some money I needed a car that is a bit more economical. (Which Im not really one for). The Aveo I got was the base LS, I really wanted the LT but that was slightly out of my budget. So far I have been really impressed with the LS (which had a parrott system put in for free) I regularly travel to London from northumberland and the MPG has been amazing, less than £30 it costs me to get there which is £15 less than my Hyundai.

But more about the Aveo, with cruise control on the most basic model this out specs other competitors like the focus and astra which is great. There is plenty of room in the back for 3 kids or 2 adults (3 might be slightly uncomfortable on longer journeys). The laypout of the **** pit is simple and has many gadgets that can be played with to make the car personalised and how you the user would like it. Overall the car has been brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting a similar car. Thumbs up Chevrolet!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome, yes, lots of room. I drove the ls up the hill at Goodwood last week, slow is the operative word, compared it to tha dacia duster, and the new aveo is 20 years ahead of the duster, same price, compare equipment levels and the aveo really is roomy, (i am 6'2" and 15 stones) I could go for the aveo with the 1.7 diesel or the 1.6 petrol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also just bought an Aveo LT+ auto. Have lived on Tenerife for 5 years. I bought a Hyundai Matrix diesel when we came. My wife loves to drive but her knees are worn out and pushing the clutch pedal a lot (you need to when you live on the side of a volcano) is getting difficult. Went into our truaty dealer and found that it is very difficult to get a Hyundai iX20 with Auto. The dealer has just started selling Chevrolet and had this LT+auto in stock. It's slightly smaller than the last car, but that's no bad thing on the local roads, but otherwise is great to drive and quiet with it (especially after the diesel). All I need now is a set of roof bars that will not distort the roof. It does amaze me that a car that passes the Cat 5 euro test has a flimsy roof!!!. The dealer did supply a spare wheel (not standard here) and rear parking sensors in 3 days so I'm hoping that the spares situation will be OK.
Will let you know how I get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts