Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm hoping another Kalos owner will know the answer to this as I'm struggling to find a definitive answer anywhere!

I have just purchased a 2006 Kalos 1.4 SX

When I switch on the ignition the usual lights on the dash show, and then go out when the car starts, apart from the airbag light? Should I see an airbag light when I switch on the ignition?

I know most people have problems with airbag lights not going out, so I probably shouldn't complain! But I'm concerned that the system might not be working properly. It's not showing any error codes.

Cheers,
P!

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Pammers, As there isnt a direct Kalos Forum I've moved your post to the Aveo Forum which was the nearest successor to the Kalos. I'm sure one of our 'boffins' will come up with response.

My suggestion is to check the airbag connector which is often situated under one of the front seats. This sometimes becomes 'disconnected' if any items are pushed under the front seats from the rear seating. Worth checking.

As a new user the following link has helpful and useful tips concerning the Forum which may be worth reading.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My suggestion is to disconnect the seat occupancy sensor to force an error, and thus if the dash light does not illuminate, then it will be the lamp in the dash at fault. That's the point of the lamp coming on, then going off, to show if the lamp is faulty.
MOT fail in the UK I think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Airbag warning light should light up and go out with in so many seconds for a MOT test.
The warning lamp is replaceable I think a T5 1.2w bulb. The only other bulb is for front fog light warning the rest are circuit board mounted LED's.
Did buy a second hand clock for mine and when it arrived had a bulb in for fog lights and the airbag warning bulb missing. So people do like to remove them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Rotten connections are what Mercedes would call an "undocumented feature" on these cars. Wish me luck, mine comes out of storage next week....😐

1 - 6 of 6 Posts