Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looking for a lovely gold Chevrolet Key Badge I have just bought one from E-Bay for £3.75 including p&p. Arrived 2nd class in a few days and is of good, solid quality! It is the gold 'bow-tie'!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Alyson I had asked the garage and they said no we never get them in stock, but good old ebay!!I got my Captiva 5 weeks ago and love driving it any excuse and im off out
my poor husband has not got a look in,how are you finding it? mary.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Glad you are interested in the keyring....

Personally, the Chevy bow tie is the naffest badge ever.... I agree the Captiva is a great car, but a keyring with the badge on ...... supose I'm the wrong sex to appreciate it ... us blokes will just concentrate on the unimportant things like, tyres, fuel consumption, mechanical failures, etc.........doh

Edited by: K.L.Richards

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Find a big difference in the size from my VW Tiguan 4x4 - much appreciated by my 2 big Hungarian Vizsla Gundogs! Even managed to fit in a 3rd one the son and brother to my two!!

Great to drive and already had a few admiring glances! Not many around which is nice as the VW Tiguan now getting very popular - whever I go out I now see at least 3 locally whereas only my big silver Chevy!!

It does look the part too and will be used off road! Going down to Chatsworth House this weekend for Gundog Trials/Tests etc so will be across fields etc! Be interesting to see how it copes as the Tiguan went anywhere so agile and smaller but sure this one will go anywhere too!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must admit the Chevy Captiva does look a very muscular car - just looks the part of a 4x4! Great to drive - luxury on 4 wheels and I only have the LT Model as the leasing company wouldn't go up to the LTZ Model so will miss my heated seats which I did pay extra for in my VW Tiguan but not an option but did however, get the lovely,classy chrome doorhandles which does set it off even though it is silver! Just had it a week and getting just over 400 miles on from the tank which is what my Tiguan did and it had a 70 litre tank! It always started off on 4x4 but always had 10% working on the rear wheels so hence the fuel consumption!

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Great to have Alyson13 and Newbie onboard our forum and singing the praises of this superb vehicle. I am also delighted with my LTZ and we need to be upbeat to promote this great value vehicle. Sure there are going to be odd 'niggles'; as with anything mechanical nothing is 100% all of the time but this is where this forum brings together the experiences and solutions discovered by others.
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
60 Posts
The funny thing is before I bought my LTX 2010 Auto I never saw any around now they seem to be popping up everywhere or maybe I was driving with my eyes closed before
Yes it is very heavy on fuel as I mainly drive around town but it's the best car I have driven.
Love this forum

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Hi Newbie, Note your comment about fuel - guess there has to be trade off somewhere. I am currently evaluating a tuning box (see other postings) and this week appear to have obtained a 12% improvement. However one swallow doesnt make a summer and over next few weeks will report back to forum with my findings.
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
652 Posts
12% increase.... From my experience of these devices I'm very sceptical of that. Dont want to say you are wromg there Ed, but that is just too good to be true, and I suspect it isnt all it appears.

·
Registered
997 Posts
As I've said KL, been there, thought that, been disappointed. **** you Newton's laws of thermodynamics- all 3 of you!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Isnt amazing that all threads (these days) end up discussing fuel consumption.....

I mean this one started out talking about the far more important and dare I say more interesting subject of a Chevrolet Keyring... A must have

·
Registered
68 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
Isnt amazing that all threads (these days) end up discussing fuel consumption.....
I think you're onto something there... "Captiva's Law" - (like "Godwin's Law", but with no nazis)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts