Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to everyone.

My Key fob on my Captiva has crumbled to bits also so has my spare, i have the key and all the bit i just need the case.

Any one know some where in the UK that has the cases pictures below

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
LN, I cant identify that casing on the internet. Many a 'key' discussion on the Forum has mentioned the larger branches of Timpsons so that could be worth exploring locally to you. Otherwise a chat with an Automotive Locksmiths.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Reactions: ches and gcmarcal

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
Metro, It looks as if you've nailed it. Well done. What puzzled me was why Lord Nelson is finding his key FOBs are breaking up?
He's either storing the keys in his back pocket or should we tell him that he shouldnt use the Key FOBs as cannon balls ! (Think about it) .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Metro you are right that is the key fob only difference is the picture of the car boot as on mine it is the glass that opens,
as for them falling apart when i opened them to change the battery the little clip that holds them together has snapped.
i went to my local vauxhall dealer and they couldnt help,
also since writing my first post and a lot of food and drink i seem to have lost my spare key even gone through the bins.
not sure timpsons are open ? are they a essential shop ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can confirm that the key from the link from Metro works just fine. I changed my keyfob case one year ago with an aftermarket one for Corvette and it works just fine, the case is a little bigger and the plastic is not so great as for the original keyfob, but looks nice and does its job. I also bought a silicon case for the keyfob to protect it.

Please pay attention on the last row of contacts (the round metal pads bellow the buttons contacts) - you have to configure them as they are on they original key, otherwise it will not work. For mine I removed one contact if I remember well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can confirm that the key from the link from Metro works just fine. I changed my keyfob case one year ago with an aftermarket one for Corvette and it works just fine, the case is a little bigger and the plastic is not so great as for the original keyfob, but looks nice and does its job. I also bought a silicon case for the keyfob to protect it.

Please pay attention on the last row of contacts (the round metal pads bellow the buttons contacts) - you have to configure them as they are on they original key, otherwise it will not work. For mine I removed one contact if I remember well.

Good luck!
hi bud there is a car key firm in leeds does them did mine for 2 off my cars £100 or there abouts will try find there number for you

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI all i can confirm the link is the one to use if you need a key case and i now have a picture of a camaro instead of a captiva but it all works £26 and a 4 week wait from the states but worth it.

thank you @Metro
key1.jpg
key1.jpg
key2.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
"I now have a picture of a camaro instead of a captiva"

Well at least you can dream......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts