Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
When I bought my spark second hand it only came with one key I have know idea how to get a new one as the only chevrolet dealers are in manchester and that miles from were I live in North east of England can anyone help
Thanks phil

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Plenty of previous recommendations on this topic across several vehicle models which you can find via the Forum Search facility.
The larger branches of Timpsons will probably be able to do this for you. (The smaller branches cant as they dont have the equipment to do so)

I'm tempted to ask why buy a vehicle with only one key, and who has the second one?? (Safety theft issue possibly).

The following link has helpful info on tips for using the Forum, also how to Complete your Sign-Up. You left your location and vehicle detail sections blank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
When I bought my spark second hand it only came with one key I have know idea how to get a new one as the only chevrolet dealers are in manchester and that miles from were I live in North east of England can anyone help
Thanks phil
Plenty of previous recommendations on this topic across several vehicle models which you can find via the Forum Search facility.
The larger branches of Timpsons will probably be able to do this for you. (The smaller branches cant as they dont have the equipment to do so)

I'm tempted to ask why buy a vehicle with only one key, and who has the second one?? (Safety theft issue possibly).

The following link has helpful info on tips for using the Forum, also how to Complete your Sign-Up. You left your location and vehicle detail sections blank.
Thanks I will try timpsons

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not 100% certain for the Spark, but I have mislaid the transponder only spare key (the non remote one) for my Aveo (2009 build), and Timpsons are NOT able to clone the transponders on that version.

Might be worth a try though before going down the expensive route.

It's easy to explain why a car might only have one key. Cheap Chevrolets came with only one remote key, and one transponder only key. When the car is driven by only one person, the "spare" gets put somewhere safe, and never used, that safe place then becomes a forgotten place. If I open my 508 with the "wrong" key, the **** drivers seat moves to the position stored for the second key, but of course I have never bothered to program it as only me drives it. First world problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My other car a hyandiaii40, the dealer wanted £785. Yes, i went to Emerates keys, Karbi, hes on WhatsApp, you have to provide a locksmith for him to send the key to, as you might mess it up, it cost me with delivery £68, then £90 to programme it, it works perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts