Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi please can anyone help me, both my keys fobshave stopped working on my 58 lt captiver.I can open and lock manualy. Also any one parking a car next to meis unable tolock orunlock there cars.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hmmm tricky one...
total guess, maybe the transponder has malfunctioned on the car, as both batterys on the fobs cant have packed in at the same time!!!..
but as for interfering with other cars locking system, that astounds me!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wifes got a suzuki grand vitara not only will both her key fobs not work when parked next to mine. we can not lock manualy.move to next doors drive all ok.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yikes.... My 2008 (57) Captiva just has the same (well sort of the same) problem.

Only use one key, spare is in my safe, never ever used. My key has started playing up, cant open or lock sometimes. Thought it was the battery. So got the spare key out of the safe, and that is doing the same thing.

Not noticed it affecting other cars though...

be interested to find out what you discover....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lads thanks for all the advice went to the jetwash this week used the hand power wash came back home put car back on the drive and guess what yep car now locks with both set of keys no prob with any cars parked next to it either
. sounds daft but still working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts