Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having regular problems with the airbag warning light staying on due to the useless under seat electrical connector disconnecting on every bump and needing garage resetting I had an auto electrician remove the connector and hardwire it.

Now I have same problem with clock. Except the connector is built into the clock so it can't be hard wired. I have been packing the connector with tinfoil slivers and it works immediately. But the next day clock dead.

Plenty of second hand clocks for sale but they all have the same junk connectors installed. Or do they? Is there a revised clock I can buy please. One that has an external connector that can be hard wired, or one with a pair of updated connectors supplied? Thanks.:(:(

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hate to sound like Mr Nasty, elsewhere we have discussed the not-so-good longevity of Chevrolet (GM Daewoo) electrical connectors and the need for some TLC and contact cleaner as these vehicles get older.
Dare I also say that at 15 years old, and in a damp northern climate, your car is probably now well past its design life and that it has done rather well if only 2 of it's connectors have gone bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts