Chevrolet Owners Club banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
newbie hotrodjon here. Went out today and bought a '58 reg Lacetti SX 1.8 auto estate with only 6,048 miles on the clock, ex motability car, just like new but quite cheap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very pleased overall with the station wagon 1.8 auto with very low miles. Only complaint I have is the petrol consumption which is working out at 25mpg, I thought it should have been 30mpg+

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took the 1.8 auto wagon out for a good thrash as it had been standing for a couple of months before I bought it. Today I did about 120 miles about 50/50 town and motorway ( 70 mph max ) retopped the petrol tank and it worked out at 32 mpg, well pleased with that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

just bought my 09Lacetti 1.6sx Station Wagon, picking it up on Tuesday, whatcar website suggests it should hit 36mpg,

just a thought but those with poor consumption, is that with aircon on or off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is a 1.6 sx auto 2006. A lovely car to drive but the road tax is a real bodyblow. £250 annual. I have never paid that much for any car I've had! The only other criticism is to do with the escutcheon round the outer door handle. It's plastic, which in itself is ok, but it's a crappy paint job which has peeled off on the drivers side. To repaint this properly is going to involve removal which looks like taking off the inner panel. I'm tempted to rub it down, mask it off and spray it........seems the easy option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i have a lacetti 1.8 sx auto estate must say what a cheap and lovely car just wish you could find out how to change the auto box oil

·
Registered
380 Posts
First of all, ask your dealer, or (chevrolet dealer) as autoboxes nowadays need to be done following a set procedure. do not do it on the cheap. if in doubt, call chevrolet 0800 060606 who can direct you to someone competent, and to save yourself further potential problems make sure the cam-belt has been changed. I had a lacetti estate, first chevrolet, on my 4th now.

welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,630 Posts
Kope, The passage of time on this Topic being 8 to 10 years old possibly makes this info out of date now.
Never the less it is good to hear there are still several vehicles like yours giving good service.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts