Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 1.7 Cruze it’s done about about 63k and I keep getting this come on in the morning, it vanishes after a while, it has been serviced and everything , today I called the AA they said it’s the oil service light my mechanic who is trusted friend said it’s not. The only other thing is occasionally the alarm goes off when I unlock it, but I had new battery yesterday.Any thoughts please thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
You mention your vehicle has been 'serviced' ....... do you mean recently? My immediate reaction is that after the oil change the 'reset' was not actioned.

Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
Incorrect viscosity oil can be a reason although I believe Code 82 would also be displayed.
Your Owners Handbook will usually advise whether Owner Reset is possible or whether it can only be done via a suitable Diagnostic tool.
Does your receipt state which oil and grade was used? It should be C3 5W-40
Some times garages have a 'one size suits all' drum and it doesnt suit all vehicles.

ps: reminder dont forget to complete your Sign-up Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had that come up and thought it was the oil service reset but after trying it several times I used a scan tool nothing under the engine management light but found looking in other areas that there were fault codes for the glow plugs, changed glow plugs and reset codes all ok. So it might be there are some error codes logged that is flagging up the service message.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts