Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have recently had my clock spring changed on my 2013 Orlando LT and I have two lights appeared one is a steering wheel with exclamation mark next to it and the other is what looks like a skidding car. How do I get rid of these please. Oh by the way in was told that my clock spring was faulty because I had an airbag light come on and would not go off. But it was nothing to do with replacing the clock spring. The air bag light is still on. Help.:(

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
Phil, from your brief description you appear to have a stability warning lamp. You may have different issues or possibly misaligned steering stemming from the clock spring work.
The original airbag light might simply have been a poor connector block under the seat (common issue across many models). I do hope your mechanic checked the connector block before embarking on the clock spring work ?
As for the (possible) stability control issue. Come back with diagnostic codes. Diagnostic codes are the equivalent of a basic blood pressure and temperature check by a doctor.

As a new member the following link will help you complete your Sign-Up (World location believed to be UK) and other helpful pointers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Aussie Ed, thanks for your reply, regarding my mechanic you have to be a bit dubious giving them work when they state" I don't know much about this model" classic reply. But he didn't know about the common issue with the plug under the seat I suppose that would have saved me a lot of pounds :( didn't need a new clock spring sounds like.
Regarding the other two lights that flagged up I don't have the fault codes but I will endeavour to get them and get back to you to see if you can throw any light on the problem. I did go to my local chevvy agent but they wanted £100 just to tell me that I have three lights on.
Thanks again Ed.
Phil

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
You can do some basics on self checking the airbag connectors under the seat(s). Sometimes feet and other chattels get pushed under the front seats and dislodge connector(s) usually the front passenger seat. Often connector pins can become bent or corroded. Ensure the key is not in the ignition. Pull the connector fully apart, check and then fully push home to reconnect. You can use the Forum Advanced Search Function to read up on this Topic and virtually anything else. (See further below).
You may need a GM compatible Scan and Diagnostic tool to clear old stored codes as well as verify current codes.

I think that the Stability lights issue could be a result of the work undertaken on the clock spring and possible misalignment. However it may be a genuine separate issue involving an ABS sensor or dislodged cable.

You mention 'going to your local Chevy Agent'. Confirm where in the World you are. The Forum system believes you to be UK yet the UK doesnt have any Chevy Agents now (the exception being for two sports models). Your Sign-Up requires completing. (second reminder).
Read this link please. Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Also read this link. It is from the Captiva forum but same basics apply;
Scroll down to entry number 8 What have you done to your Captiva today by Captivadad dtd 24 April 2015

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have recently had my clock spring changed on my 2013 Orlando LT and I have two lights appeared one is a steering wheel with exclamation mark next to it and the other is what looks like a skidding car. How do I get rid of these please. Oh by the way in was told that my clock spring was faulty because I had an airbag light come on and would not go off. But it was nothing to do with replacing the clock spring. The air bag light is still on. Help.:(
Mine did the same few weeks ago and it was a faulty abs sensor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts