Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am currently looking at buying a used orlando and wondered if you guys had any issues I should look out for on the cars I am looking at. I cannot decide between the cheap price of the 1.8 l petrol or the performance and mpg from the 163bhp diesel.

I also wondered if anyone has fitted a handsfree kit to theirs, I have been looking at Parrots but would like to know if there are any easy fit options.

Thanks again for any responses

·
Registered
69 Posts
The 163hp Diesel is better, but the fuel mpg is not that good but don't forget you have 2 issues one being the car weighs the best part of 2 tonne, the next issue is your right foot, the car is such fun to drive even the Automatic LTZ I have frightens the life out of BMW 3 series drivers, it handles like a dream. Around town I am getting aprox 30mpg, and long journeys about 38 mpg with an auto. The only thing I never understoodhow this car was not advertised but they can not make them fast enough and quite a number of us had to wait nearly6 months for ours after order being placed, this vehicle still rare. The only thing I can say is a test drive, but a word of warning some people have isues with the DPF as not doing much mileage with the diesel, then the petrol would be better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The car is mainly for my wife who does maybe 14 miles a day during the weekdays in town traffic so have been contemplating the petrol because of the dpf issue. I think I will need to test drive a 1.8 to see what it is really like as some reviews say it is smooth but not earth shatteringly fast which would be fine I think.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have not had the DPF issue yet and do about 20 mile aday mixed traffic but max 50 mph (speed cameras), its a problem with all modern diesels what ever manufacturer, atthe moment done about 6000 miles in 6 months. Its a big vehicle but does not handle like one but the reversing warning is a must, mine has the Exec Pack and those heated leather seats to die for, the Sat Nav takes getting used to did have issues at first but it was me not the sat nav.

·
Registered
2 Posts
stay well well away mine is a 61plate with 9k onit n it having its 2nd replacement gearbox and all parts are a mish mash saab engine, zafira chasis depends on the car to whos gearbox it is jct600 had mine and a 12reg ot ar same time both same orlando 1.8 lt auto the gearbox that got delivered fit mine but not his :/ . space is not that good in back eather moore room in a golf also orlando are super bad in snow list of bad points gose on and on.
If i was u id spend money on something else good look

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi ash

It is a shame about the autobox, I was after a manual so I hope they are not as fault ridden. Other than the gearbox have you had any other faults?

I am surprised you do not think they have much room as when I sat in the back particularly the very back 2 seats I thought it had the most passenger room of all of the 7 seaters I tried with the exception of sharan/galaxy/smax type vehicles. I do agree however that the space behind seats 6 and 7 when up is very small.

Thanks for taking time to reply ash as this does seem a quiet form!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have an orlando 163 auto, now done 17,000 miles, majority of driving is done pulling an overweight caravan all over the UK and europe.

I hesitate to say this in case it tempts fate, but the car has been impeccable. I am sure there is the odd Friday car but so far it is not me, and I would recommend the car to anyone, as for no bigger than a golf that is nonsense, they use them as taxis here.

It is a new car and a new design and not a mish mash of other cars.

·
Registered
380 Posts
make sure the oil is documented on the service book as per my post in general message area and captiva area, see dexos approved oils...
Edited by: Oldroverboy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts