Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

just joined, i have a 2007 auto diesel captiva, whilst driving the hill and skid lights came on quicly followed by the spanner sign and loss of power. I had to turn the engine on and off to get going again, although all lights remained on. Took it to my local garage and by the time they looked at it the lights were all gone. has anybody else had or know of this issue?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Best to go to someone who can plug in a reader and get the fault code, and then most independants can get what the fault code means online via one of the commerciasl trade information sites, might cost you 15 or 30 minutes of their time. if you have atrusted indie go to them, even a maindealer will only charge the minimum for the time it takes to read it. you can buy a fault code reader in argos or halfords,(other stores are available. my epica, (same engine) did it when i was driving while it was doing a DPF regeneration so did what the hand book said, upped the revs and drove till lights went out, sounds just like yours, but get it checked as it could be more serious, also check the oil level and also check if an oil change required, these engines need clean oil, and DO NOT overfill. (part of the problem is that if a regeneration of the dpf fails fuel can be pushed into the sump, increasing the level and at a certain point the engine will start to run on what is in the sump, and then heaven help you. Read the honestjohn website technical advice for probably better advice than me on DPF's dual mass flywheels and high pressure fuel pumps, see also my reply to KL richards on this site.
With my own experience, and although i have had issues with two dealers, I have found FRF in swansea and EVans halshaw in cardiff pariculary good, you could even go to a vauxhall dealer as the antara has thr same engine. Good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did your engine only rev to 3700rpm. If it did, it is in safe running mode, mine has done this before returning to normal. The Captiva does a lot of strange things!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

thanks guys I will keep you posted, my captiva has been on a reader and it has now come up with a problem with the throttle position sensor.

hope that sorts it

apna

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Has anybody heard an outcome to this ?

I have the same problem with same diagnostic code.

Just got the captiva can't take it any ware yet as when it loses trottle reponse could be at any time it is dangerous as you have total power loss.wouldn't be good in outside lane of motorway.

regards jay

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is all interesting....

Those who have read my posts, will know the saga of my P02E1 error. Well the outcome of this is that I was told a broken wire on the throttle sensor had to be fixed. I have also seen other posts on the Web from Captiva owners world wide (specifically the Holden Captiva - Australia), where Holden have recognised they have a problem with the wiring and are fixing. Chevy UK wont accept this as yet, although many of us are getting "weired" and "wonderful" error codes which point to the wiring. Big Al even managed to get some of his wiring fixed under Warranty (http://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/forum/false-fault-codes_topic591.html).

I have a ecoHD dongle for my Garmin SatNav, which reads engine codes and gives real time diagnostics to my SatNav. There is a setting on there which shows dials for engine settings. One of them is Throttle Position, which is always set to 100% even when the engine is off. Now I thought this was a "bug" in the Garmin s/w as it made no sense to be 100%, but I'm now getting suspicious, along with the wiring fix made for my P02E1, that there may be something a little more sinister....

I have just set up another thread to try and gauge this problem... Please add your faults to it. http://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic599_post3386.html#3386

Edited by: K.L.Richards

·
Registered
11 Posts
I once had a situation where the our Captiva wouldn't accelerate past 80km/h and was extremely sluggish (like the turbo was off). I stopped the car, started it again and it was back to normal. No engine lights or anything and no other signs that anything had ever happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
has anyone come up with a solution for this? I see these posts are from 2011... My 2007 Captiva does that from the start (new). Usually it happens on the first 2-3 kms after starting the engine. I have to stop it, turn it off, then back on and it works... I even went to the local GM whilst it was happening and they never "discovered" what the issue was...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts