Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, 1st post on the forum.

Asthe owner of Orlando ltz vtci, on a recent trip with family I offered a ride home to other guest at our function,(being I was driving a 7 seater) I took out luggage compartment cover & lifted rear seats, all passengers boarded, then I was confused as to where to store the cover, if it is put back into position the rear passengers are facing a thick metal bar ,surely this cannot be the correct storage for this, or am I missing somthing ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am afraid there is nowhere to put the cover, I was told this when first looking at the Orlando, This does not bother me as I have removed the rear seats to put a spare wheel in the well that is left, and to reduce weight.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Forgive me for asking Bopeep, but why buy a 7 seater and then take 2 of them out?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Bigiainw,

My other car is a Fiat Doblo the most versatile car possible I have had all manner of things in it and on it even a three piece suit, and building materials galore. Wherever I am I can buy and say chuck it in the back. It has now done 100,000 and I wanted another car a bit more upmarket and auto to carry things with a touch more luxury and also to tow a caravan. I have found this in the Orlando.

There are two of us I am in my 70s do not normally even use the second row. This week just got back on a trip Spain/ UK and we were full.

Did keep the Doblo though still loads more space in it for bricks and cement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found this out when I picked the car up and immediately had togive a lift to five other people.
It fits nicely in the footwell of the middle row, not the best of plans but it fits and there were no complaints from the centre row passengers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeh, Iain is right. A major design flaw. The middle row footwell is the ONLY place you can put it. What did I say about it being a cheap car Iain?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Given that I've only had it a weekI prefer inexpensive as opposed to cheap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you lot think £24,000 is cheap i better start looking for a better job lol
...as for the cover i guess we have to plan in advance, leave it at home when back seats are up, no hassle really. armrest isannoying, thinking about buying one of the universalcentre console armrests and getting that fitted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think £24,000 is cheap its me having a dig at a previous comment, its the badge thing you know this annoys as I think the Orlando is a winner, and if had a different badgethe price would be through the roof. The cover problem has never been resolved in any of my past cars either, also some to get a flat load area needed to remove back seats (Renault Megane). Ok a little niggle is the lack of light in drivers area when opening door, but even the warning dongs not annoying as in the Citroen. But everyone think on this you have a lovely Carwhich in money terms in 1954 would have bought you a Morris Minor with a 803cc engine 0-60 in about 1 minute with a following wind. I have had comments about how the Orlando's doors close and they think this is as a car doors should be, even been stopped when parked to be asked about the Orlando. The big problem I have is cannot believe how it handles well worth the long wait.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kevin I whole heatedly agree with all your comments. The Chevy is not cheap. But when you comparing it to other similar models from more mainstream marques then it does appear to be a bargain

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Origional problem with luggage cover" Had the Orlando 8 months now, hiccup with cover at first, just me looking for somthing tomoan about. Now had 8 months of pleasure driving 400 miles a week, love it , as for the cover, plan ahead. cheers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
But kev you've opened a can of worms.
Took a bit to get going but its good to talk.

Check out the 'Questions' topic for further worms

1 - 15 of 15 Posts