Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My Orlando has just started to get lumpy at idle probably more car is more like vibration. now the issue is that driving it is smooth with no missing no jerkiness at all.i did notice the other day that sometimes it wont rev in neutral above 3k rpm. Not sure if its a separate issue.im going down the line of not electrical as there is no management light on. I was thinking maybe engine mounts. Has anyone had anything like this before.
TiA. 20 D 2012 130 bhp

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
HiFi, There are numerous possible reasons for poor idle which can range from bad batch of fuel, semi blocked air filter. split in air pipe, early failure of injector (which can give a vibration effect).
Lack of revs can be a throttle problem or that for some reason the vehicle is in safety mode. What type of driving do you do ie short school / shopping journeys? I'm wondering if you have a DPF problem. What mileage?
You ask 'if any one had anything like this before' and the answer is yes. Under existing topic posts Lumpy idle and Rough idle.
The forum Back Index search function lists several entries hence it can be a useful resource to use and read as to other members solutions. Sadly often we dont hear of the solutions - the post simply 'dies'.

This may provide you options to consider and hopefully eradicate until solution is found.
I've attached the direct link here :- Search results for query: lumpy idle

To look up other possible issues the Forum Search function can be located by going to the three white dots right hand side of the black header bar. Select Advanced Search, fill in key word / topic, leave member name blank, select Orlando. There are back files covering about ten years worth of back data.

I hope this provides some potential causes and a direction to explore.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HiFi, There are numerous possible reasons for poor idle which can range from bad batch of fuel, semi blocked air filter. split in air pipe, early failure of injector (which can give a vibration effect).
Lack of revs can be a throttle problem or that for some reason the vehicle is in safety mode. What type of driving do you do ie short school / shopping journeys? I'm wondering if you have a DPF problem. What mileage?
You ask 'if any one had anything like this before' and the answer is yes. Under existing topic posts Lumpy idle and Rough idle.
The forum Back Index search function lists several entries hence it can be a useful resource to use and read as to other members solutions. Sadly often we dont hear of the solutions - the post simply 'dies'.

This may provide you options to consider and hopefully eradicate until solution is found.
I've attached the direct link here :- Search results for query: lumpy idle

To look up other possible issues the Forum Search function can be located by going to the three white dots right hand side of the black header bar. Select Advanced Search, fill in key word / topic, leave member name blank, select Orlando. There are back files covering about ten years worth of back data.

I hope this provides some potential causes and a direction to explore.
Thanks aussie ed.
When i get the diagnosis i will definitely put it on the forum. Mine is like the other posts vibration in steering wheel i thought it might be an engine mount cuz the car runs sweet as a nut.but then when it only went to 3000rpm i didnt think it was that. Im gonna get me a code reader.i dont spose its the same as a Vauxhall where if you press clutch and accelerator it flashes codes ??

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hi all
My Orlando has just started to get lumpy at idle probably more car is more like vibration. now the issue is that driving it is smooth with no missing no jerkiness at all.i did notice the other day that sometimes it wont rev in neutral above 3k rpm. Not sure if its a separate issue.im going down the line of not electrical as there is no management light on. I was thinking maybe engine mounts. Has anyone had anything like this before. TiA. 20 D 2012 130 bhp
tsk tsk what makes you think faulty engine mounts when yousaid 8 months ago that you already had new mounts fitted?

Or did you forget about that story? :p:p:p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Omg. Yes i did forget about that post. And you know what the other day i thought like something fell off the car when i was driving it. But put it down to something i ran over. Looked in rear view mirror and didnt see anything.🤔🤔🤔 nice one gonna get it up on a ramp. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Thanks aussie ed.
When i get the diagnosis i will definitely put it on the forum. Mine is like the other posts vibration in steering wheel i thought it might be an engine mount cuz the car runs sweet as a nut.but then when it only went to 3000rpm i didnt think it was that. Im gonna get me a code reader.i dont spose its the same as a Vauxhall where if you press clutch and accelerator it flashes codes ??

Ahh, Bit more clarity now. "Vibration in steering wheel". (not through chassis).
Can I just clarify is this steering wheel vibration whilst stationary on tick over or when moving.
I can only repeat that if the vehicle is being 'throttled back' then it would seem to be in 'safe mode' for some reason.
I'm starting to think there are two different issues from what you are describing.

Before you possibly waste money on a Scanner/code reader - make sure it is capable of reading ALL GM codes. SRS/ABS and other associated stability codes are not read by the cheaper code readers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vibration only on tick over. The whole car is vibrating but mainly steering wheel. When running its smooth as silk. Did you see my other post to victor

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feels like idle has dropped then say too 600 but its on 800 needle doesnt even oscillate

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Vibration only on tick over. The whole car is vibrating but mainly steering wheel. When running its smooth as silk. Did you see my other post to victor
I have seen it now. We are sort of leapfrogging on exchanges.
Maybe something did fall off ! Maybe something not correctly torqued up from the previous work?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what im thinking. As something hit the underside of the car. And the 3000 rpm thing is totally un related

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all. There is some good videos on youtube about engine vibration. And it is usually the passenger side engine mount. That gives you vibration through the steering and chassis. Easy fix if that is the problem and less than 100 pound if you do it yourself.if i find out how to get web page i will load it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts