Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone in the forum as this is my first post.

The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) has been illuminated on my dash board for the past week and I thought it may have gone away by now,as the Captiva seems to suffer withelectrical issues all the time!

The light is still on and according to the Owners Manual it will illuminate if a fault exists in the emission related components or related sub systems.

It will also illuminate if there is a problem with the DPF - Diesel Particulate Filter.

It says I should consult a workshop/ Chevy local dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if their was a fix I could apply myself?

Then again I guess it could possibly be covered under warranty?

Anyone had the same issue let me know.

Cheers, Dan.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hi
well i have the DPF light up quite often, so i have to give the car a good run to clear the cr*p out, then the light goes off, have you driven it hard for ten minutes or more to see if that helps.....

·
Registered
997 Posts
If your car is still under it's warranty, the dealer would be my first port of call. The MIL shouldn't be on if all is well...

The light will eventually go out if it isn't a constant fault, after 20 cycles if I remember correctly, but if there is a fault which continues to trigger it, it will stay illuminated. The dealer should be able to read the faults with their diagnostic equipment and at least be pointed in the right direction by their findings.

Let us know how you get on.
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
intimidator said:
hi
well i have the DPF light up quite often, so i have to give the car a good run to clear the cr*p out, then the light goes off, have you driven it hard for ten minutes or more to see if that helps.....

Yeshave done a couple of motorway runs for approx 20 miles but light still on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigiainw said:
If your car is still under it's warranty, the dealer would be my first port of call. The MIL shouldn't be on if all is well...

The light will eventually go out if it isn't a constant fault, after 20 cycles if I remember correctly, but if there is a fault which continues to trigger it, it will stay illuminated. The dealer should be able to read the faults with their diagnostic equipment and at least be pointed in the right direction by their findings.

Let us know how you get on.

Yes I think I will contact the Dealer and get it looked at.

Thanks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
If under warranty get it to the dealers.... If out of warranty seekrecomendations of a "local" garage, they are usually cheaper and better (imo). But you need to seek recomendations as not all are good

but either way, get it seen to, or you could end up with a BIG BILL later on...

I have never had any "engine management" light stay on.... and hope it stays that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts