Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our car from WH Brand and we have had nothing but problems, conveniently theguarantee was only for 3 months and we have only just reached 10 months.

Car: 2005 Lacetti Chev Hatchback

Firstly the back drivers tyre was heating up and had to have the break pad, disc and now thecalipers replaced and it is looking likely the break fluid lines too. This was at 6 months. 7 months all the break pads needed changing minus back driver. We had done less than 3000 miles. Our mechanic was shocked.

Now at 10 months nearly (9 months 1 week) the malfunction indicator lamp has come on.

Firstly is this a known fault with the car?
Secondly what does this mean?
Thirdly how much is it going to cost me?

And do you think there is anyway of taking WH Brands to court or claiming some compensation?

Thank you I am in desperate need

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear of your problems, BUT..Your car is now 7 years old, which is why whb only gave a 3 month warranty. From my knowledge of similiar problems, the tyre/wheel would have been heating up because of the brake pads sticking on, and this would naturally "cook" the brake fluid so losing its properties. Mechanics only ever do a visual check of the pads nowadays without taking the wheels off, (normally) (happened to me too and i was in the trade for donkeys years). (see my post about my brakes on the Epica on this forum, and that was not 3 years old!) Sadly nowadays you have to specifically ask mechanics to clean and copaslip calipers and pads to stop corosion. You don't say which MIL light is on, does your mechanic not know. If it is to do with the brakes, try national tyres for a free safety check, and then politely decline any work...
Frankly I don't think you can claim anything against the selling dealer after this period of time, especially if you did not take the car to them for any remedial work. If you are not sure of the mechanic who is currently doing the work, ask whb for a quite, and be polite and ask if they will do a deal because of the age of the car, some dealers will happily give discounts to forum members, including barry at cresser in redditch (parts dept) and you can get bits posted via collect+. Good luck, but please tell us what you do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts